Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

A Questions About Destination Ports for ED

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Questions About Destination Ports for ED

Hey Everyone!

I will be picking up my 2011 A3 next week, June 9th. I've been reading this forum for the past few months to prepare me on what to expect from the order date until the pickup date and so far everything is going smoothly thanks to everyone that posted.

I just have a stupid question. Today I got my FedEx package from Audi which includes my Drop-Off paperwork and I have a question about it. The port of destination listed on the paperwork says Georgia, but I live like 30 minutes away from Baltimore, MD. Is there a particular reason they might make the port of destination 12 hours away from my area/dealer? I know I don't have to go to the port and pick up the car, but I just thought it was odd for them to have them drop it in Georgia instead of Maryland where it is closer.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SykoA3
Hey Everyone!

I will be picking up my 2011 A3 next week, June 9th. I've been reading this forum for the past few months to prepare me on what to expect from the order date until the pickup date and so far everything is going smoothly thanks to everyone that posted.

I just have a stupid question. Today I got my FedEx package from Audi which includes my Drop-Off paperwork and I have a question about it. The port of destination listed on the paperwork says Georgia, but I live like 30 minutes away from Baltimore, MD. Is there a particular reason they might make the port of destination 12 hours away from my area/dealer? I know I don't have to go to the port and pick up the car, but I just thought it was odd for them to have them drop it in Georgia instead of Maryland where it is closer.
For some reason we will newer understand their logic.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Response from Audi European Delivery Program:
The Audi logistics network has agreements with four major US ports for vehicle processing and dealer allocation. Unfortunately Baltimore is not a port of destination for Audi. The port used by Audi include Davisville Rhode Island, Brunswick Georgia, Houston Texas, and San Diego California. Vehicles shipped to Maryland and Virginia dealers are processed through the Port of Brunswick in Georgia as standard procedure.
/sigh

My friend said that those were the same ports VW drop off their cars. But I remember reading some ED stories about Baltimore, but maybe they were stories for BMWs ED >_<.