Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Shipping locations

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping locations

Question about the delivery locations,

in particular the Dutch one, but applies in general to the ones that are based in a seaport (like Antwerp too)

If I drop my car off there, is it shipped from Amsterdam to the states, or does someone still drive it to a German port and drops it off there for shipment?

If so, what german delivery locations are ones that the cars are actually shipped out from (I would want the least amount of "strange" people driving my car, obviously)

Is it Hamburg, Bremerhaven? Or both?

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tomcat84
Question about the delivery locations,

in particular the Dutch one, but applies in general to the ones that are based in a seaport (like Antwerp too)

If I drop my car off there, is it shipped from Amsterdam to the states, or does someone still drive it to a German port and drops it off there for shipment?

If so, what german delivery locations are ones that the cars are actually shipped out from (I would want the least amount of "strange" people driving my car, obviously)

Is it Hamburg, Bremerhaven? Or both?

Thanks!
For BMW it's a Bremerhaven.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's the answer I got from AUDI ED:

Most all of our program vehicles are shipped back to the US from the port of Emden, Germany. Once dropped off at an authorized Audi drop-off location, EH Harms will truck your vehicle to Emden where it is booked into our new car logistics network and shipped with factory Audis. Unfortunately a direct drop-off at the port is not possible.
Considering the inland freight travel times within Europe, vehicles dropped-off in Munich or Frankfurt seem to reach the port the quickest. However, Amsterdam is also comparable when it comes to shipping, so I wouldn't suggest the extra driving to Frankfurt or Munich unless you were flying out of one of those cities.
Please be assured that we will monitor the status of your vehicles after it is dropped off, and make all efforts to maintain the shipping lead-times to get the car back to you as soon as possible.

also I asked him when I needed the social security number and if I needed the card in Europe. Response:

Your US social security number is required for US Customs to process your vehicle for entry into the US. Your drop-off Agent will be asking for this information and will possibly need to see your card in the event US Customs requests an actual copy for confirmation. I would suggest having it available just in case.

Last edited by TIME89; 07-30-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Need for Social Security card

I have never done ED with Audi, but have done 4 Mercedes and 3 BMW, all of which have been shipped back to the U.S. by Harms, and I have NEVER been asked for a SS card. If you take it it's just one more thing to lose (or get stolen).

I'm glad Audi has finally re-strted their ED program - I look forward to doing one soon.