Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Stab at an ED FAQ

Old 05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
Send e-mail to Audi ED - but my guess as yours - NO!
Guys, you are incorrect! Audi DOES give you the umwelt plakette sticker but you dont have to put it on. I still have mine, take a look:
Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CrazyIvan
Guys, you are incorrect! Audi DOES give you the umwelt plakette sticker but you dont have to put it on. I still have mine, take a look:
Awesome! Thanks for following up! But man, I am going to have a HARD time reading that brochure. Guess that is 20 Euros I will save.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IbisTDI
Awesome! Thanks for following up! But man, I am going to have a HARD time reading that brochure. Guess that is 20 Euros I will save.
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default They give you green sticker at the factory

Originally Posted by IbisTDI
Thanks, so I guess that leads to the next question, is Audi supplying this with their cars like BMW does? Ingolstadt is outside of the Mittlerer ring, so you wouldn't need it to drive around the factory. I would assume the answer is no and I need to get one...
They give you a green sticker when you pick up your car at the factory as part of your paperwork. I placed mine in the front windshield. I used mine in Munich too.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think I get the sticker when I picked up the car March 11 but I did not ask for it so I will check if it's in my file .
Old 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know whether ED is being offered in Canada? I thought I had seen it on the Audi Canada website.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We got some answers from Audi ED Department

Audi answer in red

Hi new user here
me and my wife we own an audi tt 2002 roadster 225hp and i just test drove the 2011 audi s4 and fell in love with.I want to order one in the spring for june 2012 ED to enjoy a nice vacation tru Europe.
Confusing part is that on audi's website the price off audi ED is MSRP - 5% but that implies that i cant really negotiate the price. Any of you maybe have a different experience that can share and yes I know its different from dealer to dealer. BMW ED program is much more explicit and allow you to negotiate the price and then substract the 7% discount for ED so overal you really take advantage of nice discounts. Now, please don't missunderstand me, not trying to get ED for the 5% but for the experience, but i do want to know how I have to deal with the salesperson and how much negotiating room I have. Researching the internet for Audi ED forums ,websites etc, I stumbled upon a pdf document called "Dealer Resource Guide" May 2009, in witch is specified that dealers should place the order not the factory the way the usually do, but to the AoA .They also have to apply for the "program incentive" aka 5%.
That means that dealers get that 5% from AoA back and we should have room for negotiations.So common sense will be to negotiate whatever % over dealer invoice then substracting 5%.... Just trying to find out if any 1 did that or your experience negotiating.
Thx a lot in advance for your input !
Audi recommends a customer discount of up to 5% on most models sold via the European Delivery program (3% on the A3 and no discount for the R8). However, as there is no special dealer pricing for these vehicles and they are invoiced to the dealer as any other model, it is ultimately up to the dealer to decide what percentage of discount they would like to extend to the customer. Many factors may play a role in the dealers decision and ability to negotiate, including allocation, size, location,etc.

In addition, since these vehicle sales do not qualify for any of the standard margin and bonus payments, the program does offer a small incentive to the dealer depending on the model. This amount is much lower than 5%

I regret to see that in recent years of financial crisis many manufacturers have done cost cutting by reducing warranty periods, maintenance commitments (one now has to pay for Audi Care), and on-time commitments.

I still hope that the Audi I ordered will be good old German engineering, but I'd like to have some options in case of complications. Speaking realistically and unemotionally in the case of ED, it would be interesting to know:

- where in the purchase contract did Audi GmbH, Audi USA, or your local dealer commit to deliver the car to you on any schedule? Did they provide you with any statistics over the last few years (average and standard deviation)?
The normal program lead-time is 3-4 months from order inception to delivery. Audi will notify the customer or dealer immediately if an issue with the delivery date becomes apparent. Once the vehicle is finished production as in assigned a VIN, the Audi Forum will confirm the customer's requested delivery date.

at what delay time is one of the above 3 companies willing to share the financial burden with the person placing the order?

-The Program recommends that travel arrangements are not made until the delivery date is confirmed. However, in the rare event a delivery date is postponed or delayed, the Program will discuss the issue and do its best to accommodate the client on an individual basis.

for a non-ED order one can withdraw one's deposit; what back-out options and deposit recovery does ED offer after pickup in Europe? say if the car breaks down during one's European trip, if the odometer shows 1,000 additional miles since you returned it, if it got damaged during transport, if it takes 6 months to get to its US
-Euro Delivery Cancelations prior to delivery are handled as any other order cancelation via the dealer. As all vehicles sales are finalized and financing/leasing is secured in the US prior to the delivery, all program vehicles are considered sold when delivered and driven from the Forum in Ingolstadt. Mobility insurance is a benefit of the program available in the event of a breakdown in addition to the vehicle warranty, and all vehicle are covered under tourist insurance while in Europe. Standard Audi shipping insurance applies while transporting to the US. Severe odometer differences and extended shipping times of 6 months are extreme and have never occurred in the history of the program. This would be addressed individually if they were to occur.

Kind regards,
The Audi European Delivery Team
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Winter Tire Rentals

Timeline for my ED of an S4 (summer tires) might fall in mid Dec...

Planning Munich drop-off, with visits along Romantic Road (Rothenburg ob der Tauber to the north and Neuschwanstein to the south) beforehand. Since I've been to many places in Germany before, mainly wanted the ED experience at the factory, had some airlines miles to blow, and rather spend the car discount on a quick vacation.

Does Audi help you find a place to rent winter tires? What is the chance of precipitation, or worse, snow during this time of year?

Bimmer folks got http://www.edwintertires.com/ but no mention of Audi compatibility.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ljbmixer
Timeline for my ED of an S4 (summer tires) might fall in mid Dec...

Planning Munich drop-off, with visits along Romantic Road (Rothenburg ob der Tauber to the north and Neuschwanstein to the south) beforehand. Since I've been to many places in Germany before, mainly wanted the ED experience at the factory, had some airlines miles to blow, and rather spend the car discount on a quick vacation.

Does Audi help you find a place to rent winter tires? What is the chance of precipitation, or worse, snow during this time of year?

Bimmer folks got http://www.edwintertires.com/ but no mention of Audi compatibility.
Right - bimmer get their tire from Edwin tires. My only suggestion - contact Edwin and see what they can offer. It' against the law in Germany drive on summer tires when snow outside.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why would a bank care where you picked the car up? The VAT obviously will need to be cash, but I assume you pay the dealer not Audi for the car, and they would certainly take a bank check.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stab at an ED FAQ