Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Stab at an ED FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car do not have navigation - you can rent unit here
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have recent experience on the actual timeline for ED?

The Audi documents say that it will not be ready for pick up until 11 to 13 weeks after delivery. Earlier posts in this thread (c. 2007, 2010) show experiences that were more like 6 to 8 weeks from order to pick up in Germany.

Further, Audi says that it will take another 12 weeks to deliver it to my dealer after I drop it off in Europe.

I have email back and forth with the ED coordinator at Audi USA and she holds fast to the timing commitments. That would mean it takes 24 weeks, nearly 1/2 a year, to complete the ED process, which seems insanely long.

Does anyone have recent experiences that confirms or refutes the estimates of 12 weeks until ED + 12 weeks to get it back to the US?

If it matters, I am in the Washington, DC metro area -- coincidentally about 10 miles from AUSA HQ.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BMW defector

The Audi documents say that it will not be ready for pick up until 11 to 13 weeks after delivery.
Correction. This should read "...not be ready for pick up until 11 to 13 weeks after ORDER."
Old 08-30-2014, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered my A6 in March of 2013 for a July 12 delivery in Ingolstadt. Dropped in Zurich on July 23 and it arrived at my dealer in Florida on August 30th (5 weeks). I believe that they say 12 weeks to allow for transport from your drop point in Europe, potential delays in shipping or customs as well as the furthest West Coast deliveries. As you are on the East Coast, you should be in good shape.

It was an absolutely amazing experience! Good luck with yours!

Originally Posted by BMW defector
Does anyone have recent experience on the actual timeline for ED?

The Audi documents say that it will not be ready for pick up until 11 to 13 weeks after delivery. Earlier posts in this thread (c. 2007, 2010) show experiences that were more like 6 to 8 weeks from order to pick up in Germany.

Further, Audi says that it will take another 12 weeks to deliver it to my dealer after I drop it off in Europe.

I have email back and forth with the ED coordinator at Audi USA and she holds fast to the timing commitments. That would mean it takes 24 weeks, nearly 1/2 a year, to complete the ED process, which seems insanely long.

Does anyone have recent experiences that confirms or refutes the estimates of 12 weeks until ED + 12 weeks to get it back to the US?

If it matters, I am in the Washington, DC metro area -- coincidentally about 10 miles from AUSA HQ.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

As with anything, they will always overestimate these time frames in case of delays. I think a typical ED can run anywhere between 4-6 months. It all depends on your window (mine was closer to 6 months, but most of the delays were on my end because I was timing mine around Oktoberfest).

There can be a lot of logistical work to fit everything in. Based on what I've seen, it normally takes around 1-2 months for the car to be built (I was given a VIN number within around 1 month). Let's say you pickup and drop it off at the port on the same day. While they say 11 to 13 weeks, I think 2 months is pretty reasonable (mine was a little over 7 weeks; I'm on the West Coast) from what I've seen. If you are trying to BANG this out as fast as possible to get your car back home ASAP and your delivery date is flexible, then you can probably get it closer to 4 months. If time is of the essence, then work with Audi ED to get things rolling, I'm sure they will be able to accommodate. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered a 2015 SQ5 on April 24, 2014 and requested a ED date of July 23rd. (Could have requested a slightly earlier date most likely.) I took delivery of my SQ5 in Ingolstadt on July 23, 2014 (7 weeks ago). Drove the car for a month (putting 3500 miles on it) and dropped it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment to the USA. Car is presently on a ship (Mermaid Ace) and is scheduled to arrive in Houston on Sept 23rd. Expect the car to be in my hands in Dallas before the end of this month.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding ED and driving in Europe. This is my third year in a row doing European driving vacations (2013 BMW Alpina B7, 2014 BMW Alpina B5 BiTurbo, and latest 2015 Audi SQ5). I have driven a total of over 8,000 miles in Europe on these trips including driving in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, Monaco, Spain, and Portugal.

In my opinion it would be a shame to not experience driving in Europe if you are going to take a ED. You will never regret it.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

More than once I get question from former BMW owners if AUDI ED allow skip first lease payment on your new AUDI when car in transit.
Answer from AUDI ED Department:
Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not allow customers to skip their first payment even if the car was leased from Audi Financial Services. This is definitely something I will look into potentially offering in the future though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie

Stephanie Simpson
European Delivery
Old 04-13-2015, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The free six month trial of Sirius starts at delivery in Europe. Sirius doesn't work in Europe. By the time the Audi gets back to the US, the trial is pretty much over. The dealer can usually reset the trial when you take delivery in the US. My dealer did this for me.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 3 weeks as of today, my S3 seems to be where I left it?

Hi,

Checking the URL from the Authorization for Car Shipment from, BLG Logistics:

JCars Portal

The car's status has not changed since I left it 3 weeks ago today. Panic? Or wait a few more days? I am not known for panicking but I was hoping to see some movement by now?

~David
Old 06-02-2015, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Madone2015
Hi,

Checking the URL from the Authorization for Car Shipment from, BLG Logistics:

JCars Portal

The car's status has not changed since I left it 3 weeks ago today. Panic? Or wait a few more days? I am not known for panicking but I was hoping to see some movement by now?

~David
David,
I will wait, but you always send e-mail to audi ED department.

Quick Reply: Stab at an ED FAQ