Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Starting planning my ED again

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starting planning my ED again

Well, we planning to visit Europe in August and try to squeeze a European delivery to give my wife a lovely present for our 30 yrs anniversary.

This time we would like to visit Prague, Vienna and if possible go down to Italy - Venice, Florence (maybe Ferrari museum) and get back to Munich.

http://binged.it/1eV1Bip

Everything in the air now and I will not surprise that all trip will be scratch by different reason.

Here is my Q5 configuration (preliminary, until wife approved)
2014 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0
  • Moonlight Blue metallic
  • Chestnut Brown leather seating surfaces
  • Dark Brown Walnut Wood inlay
  • Audi MMI® Navigation plus package
  • Sport Interior package
  • Bang & Olufsen® Sound System
not desided: Remove panoramic sunroof
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Q5.pdf (368.2 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by TIME89; 01-18-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Veterans ED - need your advise for hotels in:
Prague,
Vienna,
Venice,
Verona
Salzburg

parking is #1 priority
family room is #2

I have my list comply by reading ED posts on few forums from 2005, but open to new suggestions.

Thanks,
Time89
Old 01-15-2014, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the 30th anniversary!!! Planning for a ED trip, that's the FUN PART.

I can only speak from my own experience. Unfortunately I did not hit any of your cities last year during our ED trip. But from your list of cities, my wife and I went to Venice and Florence about 1.5 years ago for our honeymoon (September 2012). I can't speak about parking through first-hand experience, since this trip was not with a car, but I only have positive things to say about the two hotels in those cities.

In Venice, it was partially a financial decision, but we stayed in the town Mestre right outside of Venice. Instead of paying $300+ per night for small living spaces, the hotel we stayed at was roomy and around $150 per night. In all honesty, this is the way to go. We stayed at Hotel Plaza, which is directly across from the train station. Each day for under $5 round trip, you can take a 10 min train ride into Venice. This avoids you having to drive and carry luggage into the cramped city. I just checked their website, they state there is available parking nearby. You would need to contact them to confirm those details.

Florence was one of our favorite cities, because it's a little less crowded and a little less touristy. We stayed at the Grand Hotel Cavour which was around $175 per night. It was a 4-star hotel in the middle of the city. Everything was within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel. Honestly I didn't notice any parking garages, so I'm not sure about parking especially in the middle of the city. You may need to ask or look for hotels a little further outside of the city.

Anyways, congrats again and good luck.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Congrats on the 30th anniversary!!! Planning for a ED trip, that's the FUN PART.

I can only speak from my own experience. Unfortunately I did not hit any of your cities last year during our ED trip. But from your list of cities, my wife and I went to Venice and Florence about 1.5 years ago for our honeymoon (September 2012). I can't speak about parking through first-hand experience, since this trip was not with a car, but I only have positive things to say about the two hotels in those cities.

In Venice, it was partially a financial decision, but we stayed in the town Mestre right outside of Venice. Instead of paying $300+ per night for small living spaces, the hotel we stayed at was roomy and around $150 per night. In all honesty, this is the way to go. We stayed at Hotel Plaza, which is directly across from the train station. Each day for under $5 round trip, you can take a 10 min train ride into Venice. This avoids you having to drive and carry luggage into the cramped city. I just checked their website, they state there is available parking nearby. You would need to contact them to confirm those details.

Florence was one of our favorite cities, because it's a little less crowded and a little less touristy. We stayed at the Grand Hotel Cavour which was around $175 per night. It was a 4-star hotel in the middle of the city. Everything was within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel. Honestly I didn't notice any parking garages, so I'm not sure about parking especially in the middle of the city. You may need to ask or look for hotels a little further outside of the city.

Anyways, congrats again and good luck.
That was my plan for Venice - stay outside. I already have 2 hotels in my list. Adding your also, Thanks.
I knew this hotel in Florence, but last night I change my raute.
We was in Florence 3 times. Instead, we will heading back to Bavaria and will explore German Alpine Road - (Deutsche Alpenstrasse)
http://www.yougosave.com/alpine.html
http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/...-alpenstrasse/
Attached Files
Old 01-15-2014, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you overnight in Hohenschwangau to visit Neuschwanstein Castle, I recommend the Hotel Müller. The hotel has parking - must request a space at time of booking. I also e-mail them after booking to confirm the parking reservation. The hotel is located right next to the Neuschwanstein Castle ticket office. Reading other blogs/forums, I understand they will also pick up the tickets for you if you make prior arrangements with them.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
If you overnight in Hohenschwangau to visit Neuschwanstein Castle, I recommend the Hotel Müller. The hotel has parking - must request a space at time of booking. I also e-mail them after booking to confirm the parking reservation. The hotel is located right next to the Neuschwanstein Castle ticket office. Reading other blogs/forums, I understand they will also pick up the tickets for you if you make prior arrangements with them.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
Correction - my memory must be failing. The Hotel Müller has free on-site public parking and I didn't contact them in advance regarding parking. My wife and I arrived around 7pm on June 25 and found a space in the lot. I'm not sure what happens when the lot is full.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Osicom
Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.
I will meet with my SA on Saturday to finalize colors and options and his handle of VAT check. If he state that VAT check MUST deposit - than hole deal is going to garbage and we may look at 528i

and another thing - my credit report is not perfect as was before

We will go to Europe, but all route will be change just to Ukraine, Prague and Vienna (by train or rent a car).
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Schwangau we stayed at this place:

Wellvital Hotel Rübezahl
Am Ehberg 31
Schwangau, Schwaben 87645 Germany

It as excellent and from our room we could see the castle across a meadow.

Quick Reply: Starting planning my ED again