Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Tips for Audi European Delivery

Old 01-24-2015, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fithian
Just a comment about traveling to Germany to pick up a new Audi. In the summer months there is not much business traffic, so business class fares are cut in half on Lufthansa. Round trip for two is about $5000 tax included. This is more than coach by about 40%, but the extra money is worth it. Look for business class on the Lufthansa site. Flights from Newark are direct to Munich. Almost all of the people on our business class flight were tourists, not business people. Stay at the Airport Kempinski your first night in Munich, courtesy of Audi.
The Airport Kempinski is now a Hilton. Audi uses that hotel in the ED program.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fithian
The Airport Kempinski is now a Hilton. Audi uses that hotel in the ED program.
Interesting... I've stayed at other Kempinski hotels in Europe and thought that the Munich Airport Kempinski was not up to the chain's standards. Hilton makes more sense and hopefully they will refresh the rooms.

The location to the airport is hard to beat. Steps away....
Old 01-25-2015, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
Interesting... I've stayed at other Kempinski hotels in Europe and thought that the Munich Airport Kempinski was not up to the chain's standards. Hilton makes more sense and hopefully they will refresh the rooms.

The location to the airport is hard to beat. Steps away....
That hotel is perfect for Euro Delivery. Arriving in Munich, stay the night there and get picked up the next morning for the trip to Ingolstadt, tab is picked up by Audi. Cost to Audi is about $120. We need an extra room for the grandkids, which will be at that rate, which we pay. On dropoff, which is 100 yards from the hotel, stay a final night, which will be at the same rate, which we pay. Fly out the next morning. Easy peasey.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

When purchasing an Audi using European Delivery, the discount is 5%. Using the Audi Club discount, it is 6%. The Audi Club discount cannot be used with European Delivery. It is cheaper to buy an Audi in the US, than it is with European Delivery.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spacey
I did an ED in June 2010. They were still using the motorcycle plate then as it "fits" the US plate opening. Agent at the Swiss - Austrian border wanted to see the papers for the car. The nav system comes with US maps so it is useless in Europe. If your car has nav, they give you a loaner portable nav unit. I brought my own.
For my 2012 delivery of an S5, they drilled holes into my grill to mount the front license plate, which is normal size. That has how changed so that you can have the plate attached with plastic ties if your state does not require front plate.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pickup Scheduling

Does anyone know if I were to buy and order now (Feb, '15) with a requested delivery date of May 18, '15 (about 3 months in advance) is there any concern about the exact delivery date changing?

My problem is that my arrival and departure dates to Europe are not flexible. I need to know for sure, now that my requested delivery date will be met.

Is the requested delivery date pretty certain if the car is ordered 3 months in advance? Should I have any concern that it may not be?

I have to pick up the car on May 18, 2015.
I'm ready and willing to order and buy now but also need to be certain of my delivery date now.

Audi website recommends not booking travel until delivery date is confirmed which is 4 - 6 weeks after purchase. Unfortunately, I need to book my travel real soon.

If there's any doubt, then I'll just have to buy it here. Either way, I'm getting my new A4.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2015, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

The delivery date is subject to production delays. Your delivery date is not guaranteed and won't be confirmed until the car has been built. There is always a possibility of production delays. They can run out of parts and sometimes parts are backordered which can delay the production of your car. If all goes well, there is no issue with meeting your requested delivery date, provided you order with enough lead time, the forum is actually open on that day and there is still a delivery slot available. The forum is very busy. Lots of people are taking delivery every day, not just European Delivery. Many Germans pick their cars up at the forum, too.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

is it possible to see the pics please.
not showing on the forum site.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here is a blog of my European Delivery in 2012 for my 2013 Audi S5.

fithians.com
Old 05-22-2015, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you are flying into Munich or Frankfurt, you can pre-order luggage from Lufthansa World Shop for delivery at their airport shop after Baggage Claim. Included is Rimowa luggage, which is made in Germany, is of very high quality, and is sold at an approximate 40-50% discount off the prices in the US. They need a week lead time.

If you are loaded, you can get carbon fiber luggage for $900-$1000, on pre-order, made by Swiss Luggage, and not available elsewhere.

Last edited by Fithian; 05-22-2015 at 05:17 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tips for Audi European Delivery