Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Tips for Audi European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nvofevery1 -- I've spent time in all of those cities, and they're all great.

In Munich, you simply must do one evening in the Hofbrauhaus -- the large beer hall with a great band, wonderful beer, and a terrific atmoshpere. Simple but good and filling food is available, too. The best part, though, is the party atmosphere that never ends. Also, you're not far from Neuchwanstein Castle, just south of Munich. It's a great drive, and the castle is absolutely fascinating. Take the tour -- it's well done and you get to see a one-of-a-kind place that you won't forget.

Vienna -- Plan now to get tickets to a performance in the opera house. Have dinner in the Hotel Sacher, where the sacher torte was invented (or just go there and have the sacher torte and great Viannese coffee). Tour Schonbrunn Palace, which has a great history, a few surprises, and eye-popping opulence. Also, there are places that rent the Segway Scooter, so you can tour much of Vienna comfortably on your own and have a great time doing so.

Prague -- Beware pickpockets!!! They are everywhere, and I caught one young hoodlum sneaking his hand into my pocket, which he regretted when I snapped two of his fingers. Great town just to walk around -- amazing architecture everywhere. Very photogenic town, so plan on taking a lot of pictures.

You have a nice collection of cities on your itinerary, each very different and all wonderful.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audi-X2
nvofevery1 -- I've spent time in all of those cities, and they're all great.

In Munich, you simply must do one evening in the Hofbrauhaus -- the large beer hall with a great band, wonderful beer, and a terrific atmoshpere. Simple but good and filling food is available, too. The best part, though, is the party atmosphere that never ends. Also, you're not far from Neuchwanstein Castle, just south of Munich. It's a great drive, and the castle is absolutely fascinating. Take the tour -- it's well done and you get to see a one-of-a-kind place that you won't forget.

Vienna -- Plan now to get tickets to a performance in the opera house. Have dinner in the Hotel Sacher, where the sacher torte was invented (or just go there and have the sacher torte and great Viannese coffee). Tour Schonbrunn Palace, which has a great history, a few surprises, and eye-popping opulence. Also, there are places that rent the Segway Scooter, so you can tour much of Vienna comfortably on your own and have a great time doing so.

Prague -- Beware pickpockets!!! They are everywhere, and I caught one young hoodlum sneaking his hand into my pocket, which he regretted when I snapped two of his fingers. Great town just to walk around -- amazing architecture everywhere. Very photogenic town, so plan on taking a lot of pictures.

You have a nice collection of cities on your itinerary, each very different and all wonderful.
Thanks buddy. That is great advice!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ED Problems from the star

I am new to this post and to European Deliver. I am planning a trip to pick up a new Q5 in March. I went into my dealer in October to order the car, but was sent away and told it was too early. The dealer told me that once the car was manufactured, I had 60 days to pick it up at the factory. I was advised to return in early December to order the car. The dealer just informed me that I am now too late, and that the delivery schedule is for mid-April, a month after my scheduled trip. I guess I need to get ahold of the EU guru at Audi USA. How much lead time did others need to order cars? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

G... is the man

Last edited by TIME89; 07-30-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TIME89
Cool!
Start planning your trip - what country you will visited, what cities you will stay more then 1 day, if hotel has secure parking, drop off location etc. You can imagine how fast this 3 month go.
Good luck!
P.S. Read Wiki - I add some info there. Read this forum Q&A.
Check Bimmerfest ED forum - #1 ED forum IMHO.
Since we will be traveling in March, we will not be planning any reservations. We plan to drive south from the factory, spend a few days in the German and Austrian alps (weather permitting), and then we will make our way up the German/French border to Belgium. 15 days total, flying into Munich and home from Brussels. I will be dropping the car off in Antwerp, Belgium. Is secure parking an issue in Western Europe? Most of our travels will be in smaller towns, but we will be staying in some larger cities along the way.

Randy
Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randy z
Is secure parking an issue in Western Europe?

Randy
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=393113
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=340824
and finally #1post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=284965

Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

....Is secure parking an issue ...

It is like in any other part of the world, pick wrong place and say bye bye your bling bling.

I drove cars / charter busses / 18-wheelers through Spain, France, Italy, Swizz, Austria, Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, Some Russia and Nordic Countries and never had park issues like what happened to that poor beemer.

Only accident I had was when metro bus came too close my truck and smashed my driver mirror and lucky me the window didn't come in.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kleinbus
like what happened to that poor beemer.

It's a bimmer - beemer is a bike.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by randy z
Since we will be traveling in March, we will not be planning any reservations. We plan to drive south from the factory, spend a few days in the German and Austrian alps (weather permitting), and then we will make our way up the German/French border to Belgium. 15 days total, flying into Munich and home from Brussels. I will be dropping the car off in Antwerp, Belgium. Is secure parking an issue in Western Europe? Most of our travels will be in smaller towns, but we will be staying in some larger cities along the way.

Randy
Larger cities can always be a problem, but just do research and have a few hotels picked in the cities you will visit and expect to pay for garages. Use common sense and you will be okay.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Am about to leave today towards Ingolstadt, arrive tonight, and pick up car tomorrow morning.

Weather is very wintry here in Holland and Germany so am probably not gonna make the off autobahn detour through some hilly country areas i had been planning and just make a straight beeline back here for safety. Snow showers arent great picture conditions anyway

So if anyone has any serious summer wheels quattro on winter roads driving tips (other than, dont go fast ) feel free to post em

There will be pics of the new car when i have it, just maybe not the german countryside ones

Quick Reply: Tips for Audi European Delivery