AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/)
-   -   Title and Registration Process on ED program (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-euro-delivery-program-discussion-124/title-registration-process-ed-program-2869504/)

dalek453 07-26-2014 08:32 AM

Title and Registration Process on ED program

Good News is my 2015 A6 TDI was built last week in Germany. My local dealer would like me to pay for the Vehicle now and wants to Title it and Register it in my state of Wisconsin now. Does it have to be Titled now prior to delivery in the states? That would also mean I will have to pay for a new license plate and 12 months time for a plate I will not need or use. I intend on transferring my current plate on the car I am driving now when the 2015 A6 arrives in my state of Wisconsin. I have written the DMV for their view, but they don't know the rules of Audi as far as Titling. Does the dealer have this right? Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Q5forWife 07-26-2014 02:34 PM

I'm in California and took ED last year. I paid for the car and registration one month before my ED in late June. After my drop-off in early July, I took re-delivery in the US in early September. Just the other week, I got my registration renewal to be paid by early Sept. So it looks like even though I paid for registration in May, the dealer did not actually submit the registration until I took re-delivery in the US in Sept. You should check with your dealer to see if that's what they do.

TIME89 07-26-2014 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Q5forWife (Post 24590297)
I'm in California and took ED last year. I paid for the car and registration one month before my ED in late June. After my drop-off in early July, I took re-delivery in the US in early September. Just the other week, I got my registration renewal to be paid by early Sept. So it looks like even though I paid for registration in May, the dealer did not actually submit the registration until I took re-delivery in the US in Sept. You should check with your dealer to see if that's what they do.

Same case was for me.
I payed on April 1 st, car was re-delivered on October 4. My registration sticker - NOV for November.

chicagoA6 07-27-2014 03:39 AM

Same here also. Paid and titled upfront before delivery

Richard Solomon 07-29-2014 11:18 AM

Paid and titled upfront, registered and got plates on day of redelivery. So I paid CO registration fees on redelivery, but I had the title in hand well before I had the car back.

Seems like this may be state-specific and somewhat dealer-dependent?

Boost Addiction 10-03-2014 02:54 PM

I paid for my car, and requested the MSO.

I now have the MSO (and a refund on the taxes they collected at the dealership), and only have to take the paperwork to the local DMV to get a title and tags.

Easy to do, and I avoided the fee from the dealer to do so (I would have let them do it, but their fee was too much for what they were proposing to do, IMO).

Not registering it until the car is actually here means I can start the process later, which means I will pay marginally less property tax over the lifetime of the car.