Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Unanswered ED questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unanswered ED questions

I have read many threads and I haven't found some answers, please help.
I want to lease a S4 by May of 2012. I have been to a couple of dealers here in NY and both start out with they don't think I can lease an ED.
Here are my questions.
A salesperson told me:
1) Lease programs don't apply to ED
2) The money factor is higher for ED
3) Can't get loyalty discount plus the 5% discount??
What I also don't understand is why are the salespeople so lost on ED and I feel like BMW ED is more popular?!
I appreciate the help.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default another question on ED

So from what I have read the 5% off MSRP is because the manufacturer isn't paying the car dealer as much.
When I am driving my new car in Germany, who owns the car? How is the car registered, titled? Will the car be considered used when I get it in the USA?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E22SKI22
So from what I have read the 5% off MSRP is because the manufacturer isn't paying the car dealer as much.
When I am driving my new car in Germany, who owns the car? How is the car registered, titled? Will the car be considered used when I get it in the USA?

Thanks
As soon as you sign all papers and your car delivered to you - it's yours.
It registered to you. When car get to US your dealer will send all appropriate documents to DMV in your state and 2 month later (in California) you will get your LP and title and registration document.
I don't know how to answer your last question.
This is your car - you pick up this car in Germany and driving for few days. Tell me - is it new car to you or used?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have read many threads and I haven't found some answers, please help.
I want to lease a S4 by May of 2012. I have been to a couple of dealers here in NY and both start out with they don't think I can lease an ED.
Here are my questions.
A salesperson told me:
1) Lease programs don't apply to ED
2) The money factor is higher for ED
3) Can't get loyalty discount plus the 5% discount??
What I also don't understand is why are the salespeople so lost on ED and I feel like BMW ED is more popular?!
I appreciate the help.
Audi dealers notorious for avoid ED process. Shame. Last time, when I visit my local dealership, salesmen was listen to my ED story with huge question mark in his eyes. He has no idea that Audi has ED program. At the end his question to me - why you need all this headache if you can buy from lot?
Answer to your question
1) This is not true - last time I check with Audi.
2) Never herd about this also.
3) Yes, but after all - it's how you can negotiate with your salesman.
You need start your ED with one very important step (after you decided on car ) - find a VERY GOOD and ED Experiences Salesman.
Let me know if you have more questions - if I don't know answers - I will shut e-mail to Audi.
Good Luck!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

TIME89, thanks for your help. This is frustrating that the audi stores give me lies.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You answered the last question by telling me when I take delivery of the new car in Germany that I own it. I was just trying to figure out how Audi makes up for the 5% disc off MSRP
Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You answered the last question by telling me when I take delivery of the new car in Germany that I own it. I was just trying to figure out how Audi makes up for the 5% disc off MSRP
Don't worry about Audi. They didn't lost their money on this transactions.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

TIME89, thanks for your help. This is frustrating that the audi stores give me lies.
Sorry.
After finish my first ED, I can't believed how many people know nothing about this program. Volvo and BMW forums do help with mass education, but Audi done nothing in this direction.
When I join this forum, I was thinking to help others, but compare to BMW - the are only 5-10 AUDI ED in a year. No dealer sponsors, no clear explanation about ED price, $1000 EUR deposit per accident, when you in Europe and 19% VAT tax - make me change my decisions regarding ED for my wife Q5.

Last edited by TIME89; 01-01-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi does not "make up" for the 5% discount. In fact the discount is a "suggestion". The dealer is not obligated to give any discount, though they usually follow the Audi USA recommendation. To the dealer it is the same as any other MSRP-5% sale. When you pick up the car in Germany, you are provided a German title and registration for a new car. When the car is re-delivered to you in the USA, your dealer registers and titles it in your state as a new car and you get to pay your local taxes on a new car as well. I don't know if there is a difference in US import duties that are paid by Audi for the ED cars but I doubt it.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

(3) is not true. I got both the 5% discount and a loyalty discount on my A8L.

Quick Reply: Unanswered ED questions