Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Waiting on the 2013 Q5...

Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting on the 2013 Q5...

I'm a new member to this forum and decided to join due to my decision on getting an Audi Q5 in the near future. I was always aiming to get one after our wedding in September 2012. After test driving the 2012 model, I was always debating between the 2.0T and 3.2 V6 engines, until recently when told the 3.0T V6 engine would possibly be available in 2013. Of course this is always subjective, but from what I've been told if you are willing to wait, people have advised me to get the 3.0T engine.

This actualy works out perfectly because on top of the 2013 engine information we were also reminded about European Delivery, which we were already planning a Honeymoon to Europe in mid September till early October. The only problem that lies is the timing of it all. I have started planning for our honeymoon, but I'm somewhat on hold until we have more finalized information about the 2013 models and when we can start ordering them. I've been reading information on the Audi website and these forums constantly to gather as much info as possible. I would like to be able to start booking flights and hotels.

Does anyone have any more information on the timing of this whole process? I've been in contact with my local Audi dealer and he has been very helpful. He said he should have a little more information by the end of March and/or April on the upcoming models. Based on his intel, he said the 2013 Q5 models should be on the US streets in September. He also said based on the history of Audi on previous models, the 3.0T price should be comparable to the current 3.2 V6 model. If I'm aiming for a late September Pickup Date in Ingolstadt, will this work for the 2013 Q5 model? Any information in regards to this whole process or answers to my questions would be much appreciative. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alatsacto
I'm a new member to this forum and decided to join due to my decision on getting an Audi Q5 in the near future. I was always aiming to get one after our wedding in September 2012. After test driving the 2012 model, I was always debating between the 2.0T and 3.2 V6 engines, until recently when told the 3.0T V6 engine would possibly be available in 2013. Of course this is always subjective, but from what I've been told if you are willing to wait, people have advised me to get the 3.0T engine.

This actualy works out perfectly because on top of the 2013 engine information we were also reminded about European Delivery, which we were already planning a Honeymoon to Europe in mid September till early October. The only problem that lies is the timing of it all. I have started planning for our honeymoon, but I'm somewhat on hold until we have more finalized information about the 2013 models and when we can start ordering them. I've been reading information on the Audi website and these forums constantly to gather as much info as possible. I would like to be able to start booking flights and hotels.

Does anyone have any more information on the timing of this whole process? I've been in contact with my local Audi dealer and he has been very helpful. He said he should have a little more information by the end of March and/or April on the upcoming models. Based on his intel, he said the 2013 Q5 models should be on the US streets in September. He also said based on the history of Audi on previous models, the 3.0T price should be comparable to the current 3.2 V6 model. If I'm aiming for a late September Pickup Date in Ingolstadt, will this work for the 2013 Q5 model? Any information in regards to this whole process or answers to my questions would be much appreciative. Thanks everyone.
Heave you read ED WIKI section?
How about - Tips for Audi European Delivery and Stab at an ED FAQ?
A lot's of answer for you there.

Last edited by TIME89; 02-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Heave you read ED WIKI section?
How about - Tips for Audi European Delivery and Stab at an ED FAQ?
A lot's of answer for you there.
Yup I think that was one of the first few things I read. I guess I'm just trying to gather as much current information as possible. Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yup I think that was one of the first few things I read. I guess I'm just trying to gather as much current information as possible. Thanks for the tips.
Audi (like any other car manufactures) very restricted about releasing new car information. If you have good salesman that you trust this is a good start point.
I will recommended start ordering process 3-4 month before aprox delivery date.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Audi (like any other car manufactures) very restricted about releasing new car information. If you have good salesman that you trust this is a good start point.
I will recommended start ordering process 3-4 month before aprox delivery date.
Yeah my local dealer does seem to be very willing to provide me updates. I'll definitely keep in touch with him. I'm fairly new as far as keeping up with Audi standards, is there a timeline as far as when Audi normally releases this information regarding upcoming models? Okay that 3-4 month window does seem to fall in line with what most people are saying and seems to fall in line with what my local dealer was saying as far as when I may be able to place an order for the 2013 model. I really appreciate it. I'm sure everyone can relate, I've just been so eager to gather all of this information while I try to not to stare at the calendar and count the days to when this will all happen.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah my local dealer does seem to be very willing to provide me updates. I'll definitely keep in touch with him. I'm fairly new as far as keeping up with Audi standards, is there a timeline as far as when Audi normally releases this information regarding upcoming models? Okay that 3-4 month window does seem to fall in line with what most people are saying and seems to fall in line with what my local dealer was saying as far as when I may be able to place an order for the 2013 model. I really appreciate it. I'm sure everyone can relate, I've just been so eager to gather all of this information while I try to not to stare at the calendar and count the days to when this will all happen.
I know feeling.......
Old 02-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was in a similar situation last year as far as timing is concerned. Wanted to hold out for the 2012 Q7 for ED, which we planned to pick up during our Germany trip in early September.
Ordered the car in early April, but didn't have exact specs and price available at the time (e.g. didn't exactly know what style the 19" wheels were, how much price would go up, etc.).
Got more information from our dealer (who was very helpful) in late April/May so we knew exactly what we were going to get and for how much (only a few things changed, including the new MMI software; price increase was about 0.5%).
Vehicle was constructed in late June and we took delivery in Ingolstadt in early September.
I would agree that the 3.0T would be worthwhile waiting for. Maybe a little pricier, but then again I think Audi is competitive in terms of what you get for your money, especially considering the US discounted prices.
Overall, I also think that combining a ED with a honeymoon is perfect. You get a 5% discount plus a great experience at Audi, save $ by not having to rent a rental, and, best of all, you will forever remember driving your new vehicle through the winding roads of the Alps, cruising at high speeds on the Autobahn (don't push it...it still doesn't hurt to break the vehicle in!). Downside is the upfront money (including VAT which is refunded) and the waiting, but until your vacation gets there and then again when the vehicle makes its journey across the ocean.
My next car will be another Audi and will be ED again (I have family in Germany, so I go back regularly).
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks "04A4cab", I hope your timeline goes as smoothly for my ED purchase. Our decision was initially more based on the price discount, but I'm definitely excited to drive the Autobahn plus on the San Bernardino and Stelvio Passes. It just lined up perfectly with what we were already planning. I know my fiance makes fun of me, but I'm more excited about the honeymoon and ED than our wedding. Hahah.

I know it can vary dealer to dealer, but was there much negotiating in price with your dealer for an ED vehicle?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There wasn't any negotiation. I got 5% off MSRP (ED delivery discount), plus I was able to combine it with my Audi Owner Loyalty discount, so all-in all I was happy. Dealers don't have to give you 5% off for ED, as Audi clearly states that it's up to 5% off at the discretion of dealer, so I already felt that I got the best deal I could get.
Since the supply picture for Q5 seems to be a little better than Q7 (pure observation on my part, some subject matter experts here in the forum may be able to correct me), you may be able to negotiate.
Maybe some other forum members can chime in here on their price negotiation efforts and success.

I would highly recommend ED in your situation if you can afford the upfront VAT and purchase price (if you finance, can only finance through Audi Bank as they're fronting you money on a car you don't have in possession yet). But do it for the experience, because price alone doesn't compensate for the long process from start to finish.

Oh, and in my case, I would've never shared with my fiance the fact that I was more excited about ED than the wedding or honeymoon. ;-)
Old 02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah the VAT is one concern of mine. If I know for sure, they won't cash the check, then I have no problems with handing them a deposit, but I'm just not sure if I will have that kind of extra money while also paying for a wedding and a honeymoon. I may need to speak to the dealership about this.

It's alright. She's been assigned to plan the wedding, while I've been assigned to plan the honeymoon. Plus she agrees with me, she's looking forward to the honeymoon more than the wedding. So I'm safe, for now. :P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Waiting on the 2013 Q5...