Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Waiting on the 2013 Q5...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alatsacto,
i can totally relate to your situation in terms of timing. i too had a big concern given that i couldn't book my flight or hotels before i had confirmation of completion of the car. i think it's definitely better that you don't mix your honeymoon with euro delivery. it can get a little stressful just planning the trip and driving in a foreign country with a new car. audi does not make promises for your preferred delivery date. they will always tell you to wait until confirmation before you order airline tix because there can be delays. but for the most part i think they complete it on time and usually early on purpose for a reason.
here was my timeline, hope it helps:

5/3/12 - Order placed
5/14/12 - $1000 deposit. Commission #T16178
5/25/12 - Welcome package from Audi
6/5/12 - released for production
6/27/12 - production complete
6/29/12 - confirmed August 16, 2012 delivery at Ingolstadt Forum
6/29/12 - VIN #
7/5/12 - purchased Lufthansa airline tickets.
7/20/12 - paid for car. VAT tax check, held, not cashed
7/30/12 - Euro delivery final documentation package
8/16/12 - S4 pickup, factory tour
Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Osicom. Yeah in the end, we did not do ED with our Honeymoon last year. But this time around, I am trying to plan a European vacation with other family members around ED. Thanks for your timeline. I'm going to try to work with Audi to see if they can plan it around my schedule.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

alatsacto,
if you give them an early enough headsup they will definitely be able to plan around your timeline. the car will just sit there a while, no problem. as you can tell it really only takes them 2-3 weeks to build a car.

Pics from my trip starting half way down.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2828974&page=3
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Osicom
alatsacto,
if you give them an early enough headsup they will definitely be able to plan around your timeline. the car will just sit there a while, no problem. as you can tell it really only takes them 2-3 weeks to build a car.

Pics from my trip starting half way down.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2828974&page=3
xa-xa-xa
I was looking at the top and like " wow! I made the same pics!" and only few sec later realize -I was looking at my own picture of Toledo. what a memory.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds good. Wow that's awesome guys. I truly hope it all works out this time. Based on your guys' posts, it sounds like an amazing trip no matter where you go. This will be my second time to Europe, so I did enough touristy stuff on our honeymoon last year so this time it's all about the drive. I'll try to keep you guys posted on my progress on this entire ED journey.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Sounds good. Wow that's awesome guys. I truly hope it all works out this time. Based on your guys' posts, it sounds like an amazing trip no matter where you go. This will be my second time to Europe, so I did enough touristy stuff on our honeymoon last year so this time it's all about the drive. I'll try to keep you guys posted on my progress on this entire ED journey.
Don't get me wrong - but you will be there with your wife - maybe drive-drive-drive not on her mind.
You should build your ED around your family interest (not only you). Saying that as person who will celebrate 30 yrs anniversary next year - my advice to you - ask your wife - what she is looking forward to see and do on this vacation.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Don't get me wrong - but you will be there with your wife - maybe drive-drive-drive not on her mind.
You should build your ED around your family interest (not only you). Saying that as person who will celebrate 30 yrs anniversary next year - my advice to you - ask your wife - what she is looking forward to see and do on this vacation.
LOL, don't worry, I was definitely exagerating. We will definitely enjoy ourselves in each of the cities. I only have one day where I'm driving for fun, otherwise it's more like enjoying the drive while going from one city to another.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL, don't worry, I was definitely exagerating. We will definitely enjoy ourselves in each of the cities. I only have one day where I'm driving for fun, otherwise it's more like enjoying the drive while going from one city to another.
Hahaha. I don't know about you, but driving a new car in a foreign country was leisurely only on some stretches. Looking for directions, GPS not matching up, can be a real pain. My fiance is a great navigator and even then we still had arguments. But looking back on the trip, it was some of the greatest times we had, and still to this day, can't believe we pulled it off.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Osicom
Hahaha. I don't know about you, but driving a new car in a foreign country was leisurely only on some stretches. Looking for directions, GPS not matching up, can be a real pain. My fiance is a great navigator and even then we still had arguments. But looking back on the trip, it was some of the greatest times we had, and still to this day, can't believe we pulled it off.
Yeah on our European Honeymoon, that was our biggest issue, navigating between city to city. Even though it was all through trains, it was a headache trying to locate our hotel from each train station. After a few cities, we just kept it simple by getting a taxi. It's definitely different than traveling in the US, where I'm used to having my cell phone that can pull up directions at any given moment. But like you said, NO REGRETS!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah on our European Honeymoon, that was our biggest issue, navigating between city to city. Even though it was all through trains, it was a headache trying to locate our hotel from each train station. After a few cities, we just kept it simple by getting a taxi. It's definitely different than traveling in the US, where I'm used to having my cell phone that can pull up directions at any given moment. But like you said, NO REGRETS!!!
When we travel by train we try to reserve hotel near train station (Rome) - help a lot. And if hotel far away from train station (Paris) - taxi.

Quick Reply: Waiting on the 2013 Q5...