Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

When to register your car w/ ED

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NGLBGL
I see; I also dropped my car off with BLG in Hamburg. Was the power of attorney one of the several forms we have to sign or did you have to request it?
BLG provided me with their Authorization For Shipping and the conditions page (both with their imprint along the top), the EPA declaration, and the POA. I signed all 3. I did not have to request the POA. The POA refers to IFF, and the Authorization for Shipping page states that copies signed by BLG shall be emailed to IFF. The Authorization for Shipping lists my SSN, the dealer address, and the instructions for checking the export status as my Audi passes through the BLG pipeline.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vindaloo
BLG provided me with their Authorization For Shipping and the conditions page (both with their imprint along the top), the EPA declaration, and the POA. I signed all 3. I did not have to request the POA. The POA refers to IFF, and the Authorization for Shipping page states that copies signed by BLG shall be emailed to IFF. The Authorization for Shipping lists my SSN, the dealer address, and the instructions for checking the export status as my Audi passes through the BLG pipeline.
Just double checked my paperwork; I have all the same forms...if only there was a way to track it once IFF has taken possession.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Just double checked my paperwork; I have all the same forms...if only there was a way to track it once IFF has taken possession.
IFF provided the ship name and sailing dates and, after arrival, the customs status.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lowjdml
IFF provided the ship name and sailing dates and, after arrival, the customs status.
They did this automatically? I haven't received anything from them. I had to contact BLG directly to get my vessel name and sailing dates.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

They did this automatically? I haven't received anything from them. I had to contact BLG directly to get my vessel name and sailing dates.
IFF provided a website to log into for the information.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just thought I'd update...car arrived at the dealer out of the blue this past weekend salty and dirty as hell.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just thought I'd update...car arrived at the dealer out of the blue this past weekend salty and dirty as hell.
I'm curious, how many days elapsed from your drop-off at Autoterminal Hamburg to your final delivery?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm curious, how many days elapsed from your drop-off at Autoterminal Hamburg to your final delivery?
54 days; 9/25/17-11/18/17
Old 11-27-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

54 days; 9/25/17-11/18/17
I'm sure having to wait for an ED vehicle to clear customs while the fresh ones move ahead will be hard for me too. I figure USDA and CDFA will want to inspect for seeds or pests that might have hitched a ride.

Yesterday I noticed the BLG web site showed my destination port changed from San Diego to Benicia (4 days later through the Golden Gate to Solano County, but much closer to my Audi dealer). That caused concern because my signed Authorization for Shipment cited San Diego and I might need to notify IFF. But I didn't have to do anything because this morning I received tracking instructions from IFF, and their web site confirmed Benicia as the port of discharge. The IFF web site (screen shot attached) appears to provide much more information compared to BLG's. For instance, I have no idea when or how BLG transported my Audi from Hamburg to Emden.

Your 54 day wait beats my export/import timeline so far:
Day 0, October 9 : dropped off at BLG Hamburg
Day 38, November 15 : BLG requested booking on Galveston Highway voyage 5A (arriving at Emden the same day)
Day 40, November 17 : Departed Emden
Day 72, December 20 : Vessel due to arrive at Benicia
Day ??? : All evidence of salt and dirt removed (I don't want to see)
Day ??? : Reunited
Old 11-28-2017, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your 54 day wait beats my export/import timeline so far:
Day 0, October 9 : dropped off at BLG Hamburg
Day 38, November 15 : BLG requested booking on Galveston Highway voyage 5A (arriving at Emden the same day)
Day 40, November 17 : Departed Emden
Day 72, December 20 : Vessel due to arrive at Benicia
Day ??? : All evidence of salt and dirt removed (I don't want to see)
Day ??? : Reunited
Wow; that is an absurdly long wait time! I wonder what took them so long to get your car onto a vessel? Mine was on its ship out of Emden less than 10 days after I dropped it off in Hamburg. I got way less tracking info than they seem to be providing you but I guess I got lucky to get mine so quickly compared to your timeline...

Quick Reply: When to register your car w/ ED