Audi News Forum Discussion of Audi-related news, rumors, information and links to other publications

5 Features of the New Audi RS3

Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold 3 or 4 of the new 2018 Audi RS3. I have to say that I love the suspension feel on the new car. Very race car like. Just a great road feel.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ordered an RS3 last summer, picked it up in Europe in October (that was fun!), and finally had it in the states in January. I love the car! I'm a previous A4, A6, RS4, and S3 owner (in that order).

My top 5:

1. Engine + engine sounds. The pop and crack is amazing. The car hauls ***, it's so much fun.
2. Software LCD panel in the dash -- this controls all the instruments and is amazingly customizable. I keep mine in sport mode which is a big front-and-center tach and a G-meter!
3. Borderless mirror. I thought I knew all the features but this little one surprised me. The mirror looks really sharp compared to older models.
4. Apple CarPlay support. Really enhances what you can do with the car.
5. "Audi Sport" bottom-facing lights when you open the door. Looks amazing in a dark parking area.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love my RS3! BMW's are all over the place!

I love this little beast!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I drove a couple of these in the last two years, recently test-driving a new one thinking i might be getting old enough to finally have something with a couple more doors. Tthe understeer-oriented-training-wheels thing isn't my flavor yet, i spend a lot of time in mid-engine RWD and the transition is too brutal IMO. Engine is glorious, as a sedan, it's friggin awesome, but i think they could have made it track a bit more like the TTRS with some suspension tuning. Its an RS for chrissake - "driver beware" is basically badged onto it. Though to be fair, i have the same critique for the R8; TTRS was the only thing they had which felt properly balanced (yeah, i know, smoke, mirrors, and a pile of lies suitable for national politics - but damnit, it feels and drives right).
Every sedan they have now has that bloody lightning bolt headlight thing. Did they not consider what will happen when the softer plastic bumper cover inevitably flexes under stress? I think only the TT and R8 escaped this pending owners nightmare (every minor collision will mandate a new headlight assembly if not two - not sure about these, but mine look like they would cost a firstborn or thereabouts to replace).
Lastly, far as styling goes, i actually think they got that part right - its not an M car, its not one of the idiotic "family sports cars" like the panamera, its an A3 which grew a pair and learned to apply 'em as appropriate. It doesn't need Chris Bangle to make it look like something its not (ever drive a Z4..? like making love to a bucket of chili vomit in front of your grandparents and all their friends on their 65th anniversary - there is nothing that's ok about that car).

I'm currently trying to get a buddy to trade in his hilariously under-powered supercharged S4 for one of these - he's got a pair of small humans nowadays (hence we have his R32), but i think that the RS3 is exactly for that: a way to enjoy one's commute without needing chiropractic assistance after stuffing their brood into the back seat, while still being something you can take out late at night for your own nefarious purposes.
The following users liked this post:
QuattroB8r (08-15-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Butthurt the sportback wont be sold where i live..... really wants one
Old 08-27-2021, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Steven Simkin
Quite frankly Audi needs to tak a page from BMW M division book. I think The exterior needs to be tweaked more in regards to more aggressive yet tasteful styling. While Audi cockpits in my opinion are unrivaled when it comes to a sporty very well thought out cockpit I feel another gauge or two would invoke more of the driver connection with the oVerall driving experience. The quilted seating cannot be beat Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
I believe Audi should also offer an S or RS look ala BMW's m sport. I think the wheels should differ vastly between the S and RS. I don't see enough of the physical difFerences between the S and new RS. While the new RS Is gorgeous I just think they could have done more to make it that much more special
I think BMW care about the sports lines more too you know , totally agree with you
Old 12-02-2021, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mee too
Old 05-05-2022, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Response

It looks really nice in my opinion. Blue is always a colour to my heart tbh.