Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > AudiWorld Community > Audi News Forum
Reload this Page >

Diesel Cars Boom in the US; Audi A3, Q7 Make Top 10 List

Audi News Forum Discussion of Audi-related news, rumors, information and links to other publications

Diesel Cars Boom in the US; Audi A3, Q7 Make Top 10 List

Old 02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Cars Boom in the US; Audi A3, Q7 Make Top 10 List

Diesel Cars Boom in the US; LeaseCompare.com Names Top 10 to Lease

Cincinnati, OH – February 3, 2010. Automobile Consumer Services, Inc. (ACS), the leader in online direct-to-consumer auto leasing and financing, released a list of the top 10 diesel vehicles to lease from its popular website www.LeaseCompare.com.

“Not your father’s diesel car from yesteryears, today’s generation of clean diesel cars are fuel-efficient, quiet, low emission, and have the performance that makes them fun to drive!” says Tarry Shebesta, President of ACS.

Americans are beginning to embrace these new diesels. A recent 2008 survey by JD Power states that by 2015, 10% of cars sold in the US will be diesels compared to the current 3% of sales. LeaseCompare.com offers competitive lease deals on the most popular models listed below.

Top 10 Diesel Vehicles to Lease with Sample Payments

1. Volkswagen Golf TDI for $325
2. Volkswagen Jetta TDI for $327
3. Audi A3 2.0 TDI for $419
4. BMW 335d for $467
5. BMW X5 xDrive35d for $572
6. Volkswagen Touareg TDI for $602
7. Audi Q7 TDI for $674
8. Mercedes ML350 BlueTEC for $688
9. Mercedes R320 BlueTEC for $698
10. Mercedes GL350 BlueTEC for $835

A comparison of all diesel models and lease payment details are available here: http://www.leasecompare.com/diesel_car_lease_quotes.php

One of the biggest advantages with these vehicles is their fuel efficiency. Overall the diesel versions get on average almost 10 mpg, or 30%, better mileage than their gas model siblings. The Audi A3 won the 2010 Green Car of the Year at the LA Auto Show with a 30 city / 42 highway rating, the same as the VW Jetta and Golf with whom it shares the same engine type.

There are also potential tax credits that make these a good option to consider. In addition to those offered from the IRS, BMW promotes a $4,500 “eco-credit” on both of its diesel models through March 1, 2010.

“Just like with hybrid vehicles, diesel technology is always changing. This makes leasing them a smart financial decision since owning out-dated technology can lead to poor resale values,” notes Shebesta.

About Automobile Consumer Services, Inc. (www.acscorp.com)
Automobile Consumer Services, Inc. (ACS) is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer auto leasing and financing, online vehicle marketing, and a loan origination gateway for dealers and lenders.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi really has to step up their leasing strategy...a 335d for less than $50 more a month than an A3. What would most people pick?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 View Post
Audi really has to step up their leasing strategy...a 335d for less than $50 more a month than an A3. What would most people pick?
The big difference is that BMW is giving a $4,500 "Eco Credit". That can affect the payment by $85 per month.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

When will we finally see some modern diesel convertibles in the US ??
To my knowledge there are currently no diesel or hybrid convertibles for sale in North America?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If/When Audi import the A5 with the TDI, hopefully we'll get the A5 cab too. =)
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I currently drive a Cooper S convertible. Great fun car, but I recently added 20 miles to my commute so it's not the most comfortable (it also has the sports package) nor the most frugal way to get to work...I'm seriously considering dumping the option of dropping the top just to get a comfortable but still fun to drive diesel.

If the A5 were available with a TDI engine, my choice would be made. Or even the A3 TDI as a convertible!

Similarly, I know a friend of mine is waiting to get a diesel with all-wheel drive. Although he does have some hybrid options there I think.

Hopefully with Audi winning the green car of the year award for the A3 TDI, they are serious enough about diesel engines to bring us some fun and frugal toys in the 2011 line-up!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Q5 - 3.0 TDI

How can they not bring this here ASAP?

Now I'm on the fence!! The Q7 is just tooo damn big for two people!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Maybe you would like this one, although there are't major changes. Just reshaped side mirrors and chrome strips on the door handles on the exterior and a new gear selector for the S tronic transmission, a flat-bottomed leather sports steering wheel and others on the inside.
Check out more details on http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-...led_today.html

Last edited by mamboo; 04-09-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

as someone who owns a VAG diesel burning product, make sure you read the fine print. The economy looks good on paper, but factor in the pricey 507.00 spec oil (if you can find it), the high pressure fuel pump issue that's got the TDI groups miffed ($6k-$10k in possible out-of-warranty repair costs), and the $2000 diesel particulate filter that maybe/maybe not needs replacement at every 100k or 120k miles (the manual is vague and the dealers don't know)

add it all up and really start to wonder if the fuel savings are really going to save you any money in the long run.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by supraman66 View Post
How can they not bring this here ASAP?

Now I'm on the fence!! The Q7 is just tooo damn big for two people!
+1!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel Cars Boom in the US; Audi A3, Q7 Make Top 10 List

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.