AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Original "S" Cars (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-original-s-cars-25/)
-   -   With all this "drop", "slammed" and "scraping weeds"... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-original-s-cars-25/all-drop-slammed-scraping-weeds-2747310/)

audi/s/scott 04-08-2009 03:34 AM

With all this "drop", "slammed" and "scraping weeds"...

I was really starting to wonder if anyone lowered their cars for performance or do you guys do it for looks. I've not heard one of these new posts ask whats the best setup out there but more or less howz lowz can you go. Please humor me and fill out the poll.

02ALMSTT 04-08-2009 04:34 AM

Mine is a combination of both, always has been on every car I've owned.

But, I'm not one of the guys that goes full air ride or anything. I prefer the lowered look as its more agressive, but the performace aspects are usually more important to me.

The S6 is the one car that I think I've gone away from that and the looks aspect prompted the springs more than the performace. It's my daily driver, but the stock suspension is just too high for my liking. So I went with the Eibach springs, but kept the ride softer with the BOGE shocks.

And it's the perfect mix of looks, and slighly firmer than stock while still maintaining daily comfort and it's the absolutly perfect setup for longer trips of 1-4 hours.

When I do the suspension on the TT it will prob. be another set of Eibach's, but I'll go with a fully adjustable shock so I can adjust for street and track as I do both in that car.

SPAX makes a fully rebound and dampening shock, I was looking at them for the S6, but it was just too much $$$ for what I was after as I'll never track the S6.

Cash68 04-08-2009 04:42 AM

Can't it be both?

speedtek 04-08-2009 06:16 AM

I'd have to say both, but then form follows function ;)

UrS4boy 04-08-2009 06:32 AM

Don't like your "less like a boat" statement in the poll. That's YOUR opinion. I lowered my car to improve handling. PERIOD. 1975 Chrylsers were boats.

audidrvr 04-08-2009 06:48 AM

your poll is missing racing/track use...

audi/s/scott 04-08-2009 07:08 AM

I tried to edit the Poll, no go so far.

Originally Posted by audidrvr (Post 23761276)
your poll is missing racing/track use...

audi/s/scott 04-08-2009 07:12 AM

I'd have to say stock was boat like and I changed the suspension to improve handling. You have to admit that it's a big car and will never handle like a smaller car with similar mods. I'm sorry for the wrong use of words but I can't edit my poll.

UrS4boy 04-08-2009 07:40 AM

You originally probably just had worn shocks. Going to Bilstein HDs on stock springs or even new Boge Turbogas shocks would have been an improvement. Lowering the car just helps with looks and lowering the center of gravity so it corners flatter. But shocks probably would have made a big difference.

Dave F.

AWDreams 04-08-2009 08:30 AM

As many of my EX/GF's have labelled me ......" UR A CONTROL FREAK " i am one and so that is my interest when upgrading any suspension bits.