Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

a couple more questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 04:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple more questions

Hey guys,
First, I want to thank those who responded to my last post with my minor issues. Thanks to you, I cleared a couple of them up; namely the environmental controls. Turns out, there is a couple plastic tabs on the back that broke, and that was preventing the buttons from touching the contacts. A little epoxy and GTG.

I have a couple more questions. First and foremost, I'm thinking I need new windshield wiper arms. With as many miles as my car's got, it seems logical that the springs in the arms are weak. At high speed, the wiper pulls away from the glass and the fun part is, it leaves water in my line of sight. New wiper blades and rainx-ing the windshield minimizes the effect, but it still happens. As many probably know, the part number for the wiper arm, 4A1955407C, is no longer made, or available, even through dealers. I wonder if anyone might have a line on some new or used ones?

Second question: I installed aftermarket HID headlights in the car, and have been loving the extra light for months with no issues. I also put in LED foglights and LED highbeams, again loving the extra light. However, yesterday, when I turned my headlights on for the drive home, the broken bulb warning light came on. I checked all lights, including parking lights, and all seem to be working. After cycling the lights a few times, I was able to make the indicator go away. Has anyone ever experienced this problem, and have a fix?

Thanks for everyone's time reading this.