AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Original "S" Cars (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-original-s-cars-25/)
-   -   I found a new RS2 turbo for $1000, now I am in need of some cheap RS2 brackets and EM..any leads? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-original-s-cars-25/i-found-new-rs2-turbo-%241000-now-i-am-need-some-cheap-rs2-brackets-em-any-leads-2158143/)

Cybertron 07-09-2005 11:05 AM

I found a new RS2 turbo for $1000, now I am in need of some cheap RS2 brackets and EM..any leads?

I didn't believe the price was real until the "new in the box" unit arrived at my door. Now I need a reasonably priced EM and some cheap RS2 brackets (hint slonick). Also does anyone have an idea what a used 5-speed is going for? It was taken apart and serviced by audi 2 years ago, it makes no noise at all. I am thinking about taking the plunge for a 6-speed.

Cybertron

zoltan 07-09-2005 11:09 AM

Re: I found a new RS2 turbo

hi!
where did you buy the rs2 turbo for $1000?
i wanna buy one to.

thanks zoltan

parkpy 07-09-2005 11:24 AM

RS2 Manifold? $950 from Euro-Audi-Parts

That's as reasonable as it's gonna get.

UrS4boy 07-09-2005 12:02 PM

Dude: Whoa!! Slow down and focus. Unless you've got $3K to $4K, you need to...

prioritize your needs. The turbo was a good score but you are a LONG way from being RS2'd. You still need the EM and at least Racetronix 37 lb/hr injectors and MRC (Mihnea) software OR the Bosch RS2 injectors and RS2 MAF and some other software, e.g. Dahlback or MRC (Mihnea).

I would save my pennies and do the brakes first, while you are chasing down the RS2 turbo-related parts. With the brakes, the brackets are only the first step. Then your need compatiable calipers and rotors.

Great if you can do it all at once. However, in any event, you need a plan. On paper. Otherwise you spend money have nothing to show, i.e. all projects 80% complete instead of one 100% complete and the other 60% complete.

But then that's just my suggestion.

Uncle Dave F.

Cybertron 07-09-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Dude: Whoa!! Slow down and focus. Unless you've got $3K to $4K, you need to...

Oh, but there is a plan. The injectors are a few keystrokes away. Right now I am running a MTM chip, so I should be ok until I get in touch with Mihnea. The Rs2 bracket is another weak link. I have some very competitive number for the calipers and rotors. I don't post much, but I am not new to this. Besides, you never know who has parts gathering dust in the garage that they a willing to part with. Maybe from some of those 60% completed projects.

Thanks
Cybertron

Cybertron 07-09-2005 04:34 PM

Re: I found a new RS2 turbo

I will call Monday to see if they have any more at this price. If so, you can contact me off the list and I will give you the contact info.

auditechni@yahoo.com
Cybertron

UrS4boy 07-09-2005 05:13 PM

As long as you have a plan. For MRC (Mihnea) RS2 software contact Bob Myers at..

Robert Myers <Bob@chips-ur-s.com>

Just a happy customer.

Dave F.

Cybertron 07-09-2005 05:19 PM

Thanks UrS4boy