Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

June 2017 Monthly Reminder with links to 7Zap

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default August 2017 Reminder with link to RealOEM.me

August 2017 Monthly Reminder

I've added a link to Online Audi spare parts catalogue, Europe market: Audi VIN decoder, aftermarket, etka online. Both 7Zap and realoem.me are online ETKA(Electronish (Electronic) Teilen (parts) Katalogues (catalogs)). Good thing to know how to use to a) find parts and b) figure out how they were installed. Permanent feature of this monthly reminder now. It works much the same as 7Zap that I added previously so no new tutorial.

1. Are your spark plugs tight?

2. C4 Cowl Drain Cleaning to prevent ECU flooding during rains

3. Things that will fail on your AAN (or ABY or ADU) and strand you on the side of the road

4. Potential reasons why your AAN (or ABY or ADU) isn't starting

5. Engine Bay Device Map (the long manual version with links to ECU info, etc)

5a. Engine Bay Device Map (the LIVE version - just click on the labels)

6. The UrS Systems and Chassis Map (the long manual version with links)

6a. The UrS Systems and Chassis Map (the LIVE version - just click on the labels)

7. The advanced search here at the S2 Forum (remember to select "Any date" not the default 6 months)

8. ABY/ADU ECU pin-out and AAN ECU pin-out

9. AAN Boost-leak testing hints

10: ABY/ADU Boost-leak testing hints

11. The quattroworld C4 UrS forum AAN-based FAQ

12. The quattroworld old search - remember to select the UrS forum from the list

13. 7Zap electronic parts catalogue (UrS4 = Audi 100 quattro (1992-94), UrS6 = Audi A6/S6 Quattro (1995-97)

13a: A little tutourial on using 7Zap's "Ekaterina" parts catalog

13b: RealOEM.me electronic parts catalogue

From the new and improved 2017 Management at STFA.

Hope your UrS (S2, UrS4/S6, RS2) is dry and running well. :chit:

Last edited by UrS4boy; 08-01-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Bump for September 2017 (a few days late)
Old 09-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cowl drain

Second item on the list, the cowl drain, brings back memories. This was the first problem I had, immediately after I bought the car 16 years ago. I spent hours and hours looking for the leak that left a few inches of water in one of the footwells. It was the s-car list that saved me then, and I doubt I ever would have figured this one out on my own. I never had a clue how close I was to a waterlogged ECU. How DID somebody figure this out? It's about as far from obvious as something can be.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Wayne Dohnal
I never had a clue how close I was to a waterlogged ECU. How DID somebody figure this out? It's about as far from obvious as something can be.
Years of cause and effect. Eventually we collectively figured it out: If the cowl drain gets clogged, water backs up in the "water box" (item 6 below) in the engine bay and then spills over into the passenger cabin, soaking the ECU. Sometimes the ECU is killed, sometimes it can be brought back to life by drying it out (opening it up first) and cleaning the connections. Steve Eiche (in Arvada CO) is the man who has brought the most ECUs back from the dead one way or the other.

I never had the issue but I accumulate the info and the solutions to various problems and then document them and post up the info (on that other forum)

Dave F.