Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

problems......????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems......????

2 weeks ago i noticed the fuel line leaking( the braided mesh one that connects to the fuel filter) an decided to finally get those recalls put to bed. I made an appointment with audi in ft collins for a friday it was monday. On tuesday i decide to change the oil and check the spark plugs for tightness, during that time, i recalled that i had a extra fuel filter in the trunk. as i examined the fuel filter i noticed it was for a audi a8 and was slightly shorter than the s6 fuel filter. I decide to put it on anyway.
Wednesday i was driving in ft collins( this was the first time i had driven the car since working on it) and she died at a stop light wouldnt start, opened the hood and the fuel line was dripping. i assumed that there was not enought fuel pressure to run the car properly. I had it towed to audi.
the week after, the wonderful folks at audi waited until wednesday of the next week to work on my car. at that time, they stated it was the fuel pump and it would be at least three days before they could get one delivered. i called my contact at world pac and had one next morning and asked if they could put it on/in, They agreed...... friday they called and stated the fuel pump was in and working but the car was not running correctly. I asked if it was driveable they stated it was. i had my friend drive me down to pick up my car.
At the stealership, The service manager said the car had "electrical problems" and they couldnt pinpoint the exact problem. The car would only start with the maf unplugged, i had to get it out of there.As i was driving back down to loveland( 15 miles) the car started chugging and eventually died my friend flat towed me back to the house.
to update..... new maf
new fuel filter correct size and type
new fuel pump
new fuel line
car wil start rough and run for 3 secs at idle, will run the same with mm hose disconnected, maf seems to have no effect,

i had posted earlier "Quick Help"