AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Original "S" Cars (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-original-s-cars-25/)
-   -   urS4 Headlight assembly to an A6? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-original-s-cars-25/urs4-headlight-assembly-a6-2811713/)

nleusky 08-23-2011 05:12 PM

urS4 Headlight assembly to an A6?

Hey there. My girl has a 1994 S4. It has been converted by a previous owner to a single bulb housing. She hit a deer last night and shattered the rt housing. Does anyone know what other housings these may be? My guess would be a6? Has anyone on here converted theirs? (By the way the low beams SUCK on these)

Nick

nleusky 08-23-2011 05:50 PM

Now thinking they may be Audi 100 housings from the shape in other pics. Is this common for people not wanting to spend the time or money on S4 housings?

UrS4boy 08-23-2011 05:51 PM

C4 A6 and S6 headlights are different shape than the UrS4 headlights and the wiring harnesses are different. Go on Audifans or Audiworld marketplace and look for proper replacement UrS4 headlights.

scarman 08-23-2011 05:53 PM

Somebody really did you a dis-service pulling something like that. Those are Audi 100 headlights of the same 92-94 C4 body, and you are certainly correct that they suck. Hopefully the person did not butcher the wiring harness. I'm sure you know from your question that the S4 has projector low beams. These low beams are perfect candidates for an aftermarket HID kits since the projector beam is so well controlled. The vvme kits are selling for less than $50 on ebay and install in an hour. There are good blow by blow descriptions in the FAQ.

Well, first, you have to have the correct headlights. You can find another cheap 100 headlight, but this is the wrong way to go. You really don't want to put your children out there with that crap, and you can't make them better. Look at the marketplace at audifans.com and do a search in the parts section for headlights. There will be lots of 95-97 S6 headlights since they were common with the A6, but yours are much more scarce since the companion 100s had the single bulb cheapos. There is a set from Steffen Franz in Germany. He is trustworthy and sells good merchandise. The price may seem high, but it is a low market price considering shipping and the quality of the headlights. obed at comcast.net just announced he had a full set of very nice lights on another forum that I can't name. He gave no price but possibly may be competetive with Steffen's $400. He is near Boston and there is the //SFest for these cars in Coventry, CT this weekend, so lots of parts will be sold.

The set on audifans marketplace with the broken parts would take some one very handy to repair. Your 100 housings may have some stuff needed for the repair, I don't know. It's possible it could be a cheaper way but it is risky if you don't know what to do.

scarman 08-23-2011 05:59 PM

No one keeping the car would do that because the lighting is so bad. The only conclusion is that someone did it to get rid of the car.

nleusky 08-26-2011 05:37 PM

Thanks all for the responses. I had no Idea anyone even responded. I will check my settings for notifications. Yup, horrible isn't even the correct description for the output of the low beams. I bought a replacement 100 housing from a salvage yard through my work. Still expensive with my discount. I just need to get it legal for now. I will absolutely look into buying the correct two bulb housings and converting them back to stock. Thank you all for the leads and tips!

Nick

UrS4boy 08-26-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by nleusky (Post 24189042)
I will absolutely look into buying the correct two bulb housings and converting them back to stock. Thank you all for the leads and tips! Nick

The correct UrS4 headlights are 3 (Three) bulb: Projector low (9006), reflector high (9005) and projector fog (H3).

scarman 08-31-2011 07:32 PM

This is a discussion forum, not an email service. If you start a thread asking questions, you need to monitor it for responses.

If you look at the marketplace on audifans.com, there are some UrS4 headlights for sale at reasonable prices-probably less that what the rip-off salvage yard got you for.