AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   2018 q5: won’t start (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/2018-q5-won%92t-start-2965684/)

Fun4stuff 01-17-2019 07:03 AM

2018 q5: won’t start

I stopped on the side of the road to adjust something in my trunk. I stopped and put car in park. When i got out i noticed all windows were down a few inches. When i went to get back in, car was off and won’t start.

MMI works and so does AC/heating lights. Dash screen does not turn on. My parking aid light is blinking. Tried my wife’s key fob and that doesn’t work either. My trunk wont open now either. My brake peddle feels hard to push. Jumping it does t work.

I called service and a tow coming.

Any guess on what’s wrong?

H. Russell Johnson 04-20-2019 06:11 PM

Our 2019 q5 is now doing the same thing. Was there a fix for this???? Our vehicle is two weeks old. We’re planning on returning the vehicle because of this. It doesn’t make sense.

Originally Posted by Fun4stuff (Post 25262998)
I stopped on the side of the road to adjust something in my trunk. I stopped and put car in park. When i got out i noticed all windows were down a few inches. When i went to get back in, car was off and won’t start.

MMI works and so does AC/heating lights. Dash screen does not turn on. My parking aid light is blinking. Tried my wife’s key fob and that doesn’t work either. My trunk wont open now either. My brake peddle feels hard to push. Jumping it does t work.

cbl1 04-21-2019 10:37 AM

Maybe its user error like posting in the wrong forum.

Doc H 04-21-2019 10:46 AM

Perhaps a Q5 owner could help?

LeicaNut 04-21-2019 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fun4stuff (Post 25262998)

I've never had that happen to my '10 Q5, '15 A8, '17 Q7 or '19 Q8 which share recent electronics. Might ask the question in the Q5 forum.

patrick seguin 02-08-2020 05:02 PM

hi there , same thing happened to me today with my Q5 2018 , it was working fine till last night and it would just not start today . audi assistance came twice , they tried to boost the battery and obviously it was not the problem , battery was fine .. they finally came back with a platform to tow it .. mirrors were folding for no reason .. i had that disactivated for the winter , also the trunk opened for no reason during the afternoon .. classic electrical german problems i guess .. my wife had and has a volkswagen cars and to be honest she never had any problems with them .. with audi it s a different story but man they are much refined loll

picoworks 08-10-2020 08:39 AM

Hate to bring this thread back to life since it's not in the proper channel, but I haven't been able to find any info on this in the Q5 forum or on the interwebs. This just happened to me on my 2018 SQ5. We had a bad storm and I came out to find the lights were on and all the windows were cracked about 3 inches. I know I didn't leave them down. The car won't start and jumping didn't work. It's now on it's way to Audi. Did anyone ever get a root cause? Can you point me to a thread or topic in the Q5 forum on this topic? I will try posting there as well. Sorry and thanks.

picoworks 08-11-2020 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by picoworks (Post 25486901)
Hate to bring this thread back to life since it's not in the proper channel, but I haven't been able to find any info on this in the Q5 forum or on the interwebs. This just happened to me on my 2018 SQ5. We had a bad storm and I came out to find the lights were on and all the windows were cracked about 3 inches. I know I didn't leave them down. The car won't start and jumping didn't work. It's now on it's way to Audi. Did anyone ever get a root cause? Can you point me to a thread or topic in the Q5 forum on this topic? I will try posting there as well. Sorry and thanks.

So word from the dealer is a faulty Comfort Module and as a result a dead battery. Hope this helps anyone else that comes across this thread.

Falcon900 08-11-2020 11:22 AM

My 2020 Q8 only has 600 miles on it. The other day it would not start, everything was on and I pushed the start button 4 times and it it would not start. I turned it off, locked it, then it started. Not sure why?