Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

2020 Q8

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Q8

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
From what I have seen this year the number on the lot seems to reflect the selling rate in comparison to the other models in the Audi lineup. I am guessing Audi is pretty pleased with the Q8's U.S. sales at least. They knew the sportback design and higher price than the Q7 would drastically reduce the group of potential buyers compared to the Q7 and they knew the sales rate of the BMW X6 before jumping in the segment. In 2019 the Q8 [U.S.] is selling 40-50% of Q7 sales, about 75% of of A6 sales and many multiples of A8 sales....also it far outsells the BMW X6 in the U.S. I am guessing they are pretty happy, so happy in fact that they are moving forward with sportback versions of the Cayenne and Atlas. As far as the SQ8, it seems like the U.S. never gets the really good stuff, so I agree, I will believe it when I see it. If we do get it it will likely be watered down.
I'm in Chicagoland and there are 180 new Q8s currently listed in my area. There are only 28 X6s. 180 Q8s is fewer than the 246 X5s, but still more than the 136 new GLEs (all models, trims, and MYs). My dealer is complaining about them. Audi is making the franchisees buy so many of them, providing no incentives on them, and they sit and sit. The first one that I test drove in December, a Glacier White Q8 Prestige, is still sitting in their inventory.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsf721
2 words

throttle lag.

Somewhere there is a Daytona pearl prestige with black interior I did not take because of throttle lag. It’s too bad because I loved the vehicle otherwise.
Buying my first Q8 and later learning of the turbo lag and the "start-stop" feature being set to default to
"on" would be a $90K disappointment. Buying my first Q8 now, knowing of the throttle lag and start-stop issue, would be stupid.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Auto start-stop is set to default on in almost every car - including several performance cars I have owned in the past. It is easily turned off by clicking a button from the bottom screen (a button that always shows and isn't hidden in a menu). The turbo/throttle lag is not nearly as bad as people say it is. Sure there is some lag but in general this car is zippy and rarely leaves me wanting for more power. The only situation it can bother me is coming to a stop and coasting when the engine shuts off. If you hit the accelerator at this point it can take a second to turn back on. This is defeated when the auto start/stop is off - again via an easy to find button.

For 2020 I hope they add some more luxury options for the interior - like what you can get on the Q7 (read full leather everywhere). Also really looking forward to a 2020 RSQ8 since the base car feels set up for handling so well already. Really not to interested in an SQ8 - the power gains for an S model would need to be substantial to change my mind from the current engine vs waiting for a V8 in the RS model.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Indy reprogrammed my BMW to activate Digital Speedometer; activate Remote Close Windows; activate Default Off for Start-Stop; remove displayed Legal Warning at start-up. It took less than 20 minutes. Dealer had misrepresented to me that the US cars did not have these features available and no programing could get them to start working. Next time in for service the Dealer acted quite surprised that I had them working.