Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

5 Things: Q8 version

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WausauS8
3. Rear view camera gets dirty easily

I saw a video review of the Q8 that shows a little sprayer that cleans the review camera when you wash the windshield. It's around the 22 minute mark in the fast lane review from a week or so ago. There's a link in this thread. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...views-2966329/
I am aware of that but most times my car is always clean but even then the rearview camera can get dirty. I'm kinda **** when it comes to water spots/smears on windshield or windows so I'd hate to wash the windshield just to clean the camera. I just use a napkin to wipe if off when I notice it.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
The only Turbo lag I've noticed is when using Auto S/S. The reason you aren't noticing lag in Sport mode is probably because stop/start is disabled. It's so stupid in all these new cars you're not allowed to disable Auto S/S permanently. Just the absolute worst feature ever.
I too have that issue and it can be dangerous. I don't believe it's turbo lag. I think it's the mild hybrid system trying to power the car, it takes a few seconds to realize you have given more throttle, the engine engages and then the car goes. When I turn Auto S/S off I never have that problem.

I think a software update should solve it.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

I started a Likes/Dislikes thread awhile back when I first got my Q8 but now I have 2K miles so happy to join in...

1.) Body Styling.
2.) Modern interior layout and screen clarity, especially when displaying Google Earth satellite imagery.
3.) Brakes - Otherworldly stopping power. Seem even better than my Panamera GTS brakes.
4.) Matrix lights, DRLs, and interior ambient lighting.
5.) B&O system (non-advanced). Best stereo I've ever had.

Dislikes:

1.) Disconnected from the road. Coming from a couple Porsche so its hard to measure up, but for such a sporty looking and expensive SUV I wish the driving dynamics were more engaging.
2.) HP - At this price point I think most of us agree it could use a few more ponies.
3.) Luxury Package doesn't include enough leather. Should be more leather and/or deviated stitching available for a fully loaded premium SUV.
4.) Bluetooth Audio - Sound quality is awful. Muffled and too low.
5.) Fuel Economy - Have not even gotten one tank to average 13 mpgs yet.

Last edited by jrjunior31; 02-05-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for your input. I will test drive it when it comes in. I’m pretty much over the lagging acceleration at this point!!!! Especially since I had a Model X last year, too. Hard to compare anything to that!!!

QUOTE=mike99;25271823]In my opinion, it's borderline dangerous. I drive (almost) exclusively in sport mode now, but sometimes I forget, and it's noticeable/scary pulling into traffic. What I don't know yet is whether there's an issue with my car or it's a systemic issue. I need to bring it back to the dealer to diagnose.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-05-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dubbrand
You should be able to adjust it on the lower screen. You just click on the chair icon or picture then you can adjust it.
It's also possible through MMI, I think there is a separate setting for seats in one of the menus. It's a little tricky to find the setting but a #2 seat icon pops up in the lower left when you get to the right screen and that enables the adjustment.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I do not think, in the US, that the 48V system moves the car, only starts it.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has gotten progressively worse and perhaps more so in colder weather or when its first started. When I leave for work I get to a relatively main road within a minute and I need to take a left turn onto it - sometimes you need the power to sneak in between cars travelling in both directions. This is where I notice is mostly - although it does seem to happen at all times. I don't think its the stop/start as I don't think it kicks in until the car is warmed up a bit. Hard to say for sure.

Once I'm moving the power is fine to accelerate, but from a stop I find it inconsistent at best.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike99
It has gotten progressively worse and perhaps more so in colder weather or when its first started. When I leave for work I get to a relatively main road within a minute and I need to take a left turn onto it - sometimes you need the power to sneak in between cars travelling in both directions. This is where I notice is mostly - although it does seem to happen at all times. I don't think its the stop/start as I don't think it kicks in until the car is warmed up a bit. Hard to say for sure.

Once I'm moving the power is fine to accelerate, but from a stop I find it inconsistent at best.
In LA I never have this type of left turn merge from a stop into traffic, but I’m from Mass and I know exactly what you are referring to. I’m picturing Route 151 in Falmouth where I grew up and any kind of lag trying to merge left onto that road could be extremely dangerous. My Auto S/S doesn’t usually kick in within minutes of a cold start either I don’t think. I’ll try to test my car and see if can replicate your issue and keep you posted.

Last edited by jrjunior31; 02-05-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the things I'm surprised/disappointments I'm surprised the Q8 doesn't have unless I'm just unaware from my research is that it doesn't have parking assist.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

In Europe they do have. Must be a legal or issue or too costly for US competitors.

Quick Reply: 5 Things: Q8 version