Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Adaptive Chassis Package

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Based solely on aesthetics I chose the AS. The steel suspension is high, almost truck-like. The dynamic setting on AS is more sporty looking I never take it off low mode unless I’m on a long highway trip. Here are some comparison shots...

AS lowers your car at high speed independently which settings you put it into. I have mine in offroad mode most of the time, and it lowers itself to lowest setting when going faster than 80km/h. Steering input does not change though.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the steel suspension here in the picture also in dynamic mode
Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah
is the steel suspension here in the picture also in dynamic mode
Fyi, Dynamic mode w steel suspension will not visually change the appearance of the car at all so no way to tell the difference externally which driving mode from the exterior.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul
Fyi, Dynamic mode w steel suspension will not visually change the appearance of the car at all so no way to tell the difference externally which driving mode from the exterior.
here is mine with the steel suspension. Does not look too bad

Last edited by riazah; 11-30-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 11-30-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Our current Q7 has steel springs on 21 and the ride is great but 22 might be a different story...the AS is very helpful if you are going for the new for US 22's as it can help soften the ride.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

actually in my view the ride quality is on par if not better than the Q7 with my set up
Old 01-02-2019, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, you may have answered my question. I am new to the AS system and I usually keep on comfort....but have changed around trying different ones. I love the drive on "dynamic" but fear I will run into a parking curb, etc, with it so low. I have noticed, several times, that my car adjusts when I stop at red lights. Strange feeling and I wondered if something is wrong. After reading your post, I assume this happens in all modes when faster speeds are gained?

Also, I remember seeing some type of warning if the "off road" setting...maybe with the brakes??? Do you disable some safety feature in order to always drive in off road setting?

Thanks so much!
Old 01-02-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SherylR
OK, you may have answered my question. I am new to the AS system and I usually keep on comfort....but have changed around trying different ones. I love the drive on "dynamic" but fear I will run into a parking curb, etc, with it so low. I have noticed, several times, that my car adjusts when I stop at red lights. Strange feeling and I wondered if something is wrong. After reading your post, I assume this happens in all modes when faster speeds are gained?

Also, I remember seeing some type of warning if the "off road" setting...maybe with the brakes??? Do you disable some safety feature in order to always drive in off road setting?

Thanks so much!
I assume that was question for me. I misspoke, I use mine mostly in all road mode, not offroad. Offroad mode is on only for speeds lower than 30km/h if I am not mistaken and disables many sensors.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by riazah

here is mine with the steel suspension. Does not look too bad
Bad ? It looks fantastic.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I understand now. Thanks so much for the information!!

Quick Reply: Adaptive Chassis Package