Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

After a LONG wait ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dwboston
I have to say that the Sarder Brown/Gray combo for the interior with the blue exterior looks fantastic. I never would have thought about that color scheme but it looks great.
The 22” YR1 wheels is what makes it all come together, I think.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL

The 22” YR1 wheels is what makes it all come together, I think.
The wheels are nice, but I don't know where you guys live that you can get away with 22" wheels with that little rubber. There's no way I could do that around Boston with all of the potholes we get when the weather goes from cold/warm or vice versa.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by boshiku
Are you me?
Close. Mine have black optic. Good lookin' driveway!

Old 03-14-2019, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by Chiclet11
Picking it up tomorrow!

I have same exact order which I am supposed to be receiving it on the 19th ..
​​​​​​but I have ordered exclusive interior seats (crimson red)
does anyone has the same ?
​​​​​​
Old 03-22-2019, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just received my build complete email yesterday. So excited! Should be another 2 - 3 weeks before it gets to the dealer.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
I just received my build complete email yesterday. So excited! Should be another 2 - 3 weeks before it gets to the dealer.
Great ! You won’t be disappointed. The touchscreen is actually much easier to use than you think.

Pls share details of your build.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL

Great ! You won’t be disappointed. The touchscreen is actually much easier to use than you think.

Pls share details of your build.
Yeah my wife and I are really looking forward to it. It's not the touch screen I'm worried about It's all the 1st year bugs that have me concerned. But I'm sure the pros outweigh the cons, so I'm sure we'll be alright.

It isn't anything really that special of a build. Pretty much Samurai Grey prestige with cold climate. It's pretty much all we needed.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did anyone in the north east try to track their car coming in from Emden? So I've been following the guide in a previous post on how to track your car coming from the factory.

I asked my SA about the ship details today and told me that it has actually left port on 3/27. Following the shipping schedule I was able to track which ship mine is on (Primrose Ace). According to the vessel tracker it says it will arrive in Davisville, RI this Saturday which means a travel time of 9 days. Does that sound about right? The reason why I ask is from the document given to me by my SA it says ETA port arrival is on 5/6. That can't be correct right?

From there I assume it will take maybe another week before it arrives in NJ by rail I guess.

But please let me know if I should really be expecting it in about 2 weeks or a month out.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2019, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Did anyone in the north east try to track their car coming in from Emden? So I've been following the guide in a previous post on how to track your car coming from the factory.

I asked my SA about the ship details today and told me that it has actually left port on 3/27. Following the shipping schedule I was able to track which ship mine is on (Primrose Ace). According to the vessel tracker it says it will arrive in Davisville, RI this Saturday which means a travel time of 9 days. Does that sound about right? The reason why I ask is from the document given to me by my SA it says ETA port arrival is on 5/6. That can't be correct right?

From there I assume it will take maybe another week before it arrives in NJ by rail I guess.

But please let me know if I should really be expecting it in about 2 weeks or a month out.

Thanks
I had a factory order placed last month. How do I track my build and delivery? Any tips or advice you could give would be great.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

You will only be able to track the car once you get the email that the car has completed production and it will be going to Emden port. I have found that the distance between the two is about 1 - 2 weeks. I then checked with my SA to see if they had any shipping information (ship name or number and departure date).

Once I was able to get the ship number I just followed everything listed from this post https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...2809782/page7/

Quick Reply: After a LONG wait ...