Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

After a LONG wait ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Did anyone in the north east try to track their car coming in from Emden? So I've been following the guide in a previous post on how to track your car coming from the factory.

I asked my SA about the ship details today and told me that it has actually left port on 3/27. Following the shipping schedule I was able to track which ship mine is on (Primrose Ace). According to the vessel tracker it says it will arrive in Davisville, RI this Saturday which means a travel time of 9 days. Does that sound about right? The reason why I ask is from the document given to me by my SA it says ETA port arrival is on 5/6. That can't be correct right?

From there I assume it will take maybe another week before it arrives in NJ by rail I guess.

But please let me know if I should really be expecting it in about 2 weeks or a month out.

Thanks
Based on my experience, you’re looking at closer to two weeks. Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2019, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WausauS8
Based on my experience, you’re looking at closer to two weeks. Enjoy!
Thanks wausau, I'm just trying to anticipate appropriately. It seemed odd that it would take a shipping vessel from Germany a month to travel to Rhode Island. How long was the transport time for you once it arrived in Davisville (assuming your also in the North East)?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Audi tends to set their ETAs way (!) out there. My Q8 arrived (thru Houston) a little more than a month earlier than the ETA shown on the COMM # report.
Sometimes transit times can be affected by how many port installed accessories are involved. Mine only needed the 7 pin trailer connector so it got loaded on the truck & enroute rather quickly.

Last edited by Cadx6; 04-05-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Audi tends to set their ETAs way (!) out there. My Q8 arrived (thru Houston) a little more than a month earlier than the ETA shown on the COMM # report.
Sometimes transit times can be affected by how many port installed accessories are involved. Mine only needed the 7 pin trailer connector so it got loaded on the truck & enroute rather quickly.
Cool, thanks for the info. Lol yeah I was taken back a little when I saw it as the month apart port arrival. I only have the audi connect so that should be pretty much straight to truck/train. I feel a bit more excited now knowing it's probably a couple weeks instead of a whole month wait.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, thanks for the info. Lol yeah I was taken back a little when I saw it as the month apart port arrival. I only have the audi connect so that should be pretty much straight to truck/train. I feel a bit more excited now knowing it's probably a couple weeks instead of a whole month wait.
congrats on your new Q. Just wondering how long after placing your order did it take before you received your first email status notification?
Old 04-05-2019, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Edharmon7
congrats on your new Q. Just wondering how long after placing your order did it take before you received your first email status notification?
Thanks!!! Well once you put in the order, either your SA will automatically sign you up or you can request to get the owner in waiting status emails. I got the first email indicating that my order is scheduled to be built. After about a month is when I received the next email saying it's completed build and getting ready for Emden port.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I am in New Jersey, and mine took 9 days to get to my dealer in NJ.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeicaNut
I am in New Jersey, and mine took 9 days to get to my dealer in NJ.
Thanks Leica for that info. With that, I guess the 2 week countdown starts now. Which dealership did you pick up from?
Old 04-05-2019, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks Leica for that info. With that, I guess the 2 week countdown starts now. Which dealership did you pick up from?
I have purchased/leased all my Audis at Audi of Mendham.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeicaNut
I have purchased/leased all my Audis at Audi of Mendham.
Oh nice, mine will be coming into Meadowlands.

Quick Reply: After a LONG wait ...