Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Ambient Lighting Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ambient Lighting Question

I see on the spec sheet that the Premium model Q8 only has the "Ambient LED interior lighting package" instead of the more premium "Contour/Ambient LED interior lighting package—multicolor" which is standard on the Premium Plus and higher models. I have only driven the Premium Plus Q8 at night and I was impressed with the ambient lighting. I understand that for the basic "Ambient LED interior lighting package" on the Premium model you cannot change the LED colour. However, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the the basic ambient lighting package still retains the thin strips of light right above the wood trim around the interior door latch. I believe on the Q7 these white light strips are still included with the basic white ambient lighting package (see photo below) and was curious if this was the case with the Q8 as well.

Thanks in advance!

This is the light strip I am referring to.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe12345
I see on the spec sheet that the Premium model Q8 only has the "Ambient LED interior lighting package" instead of the more premium "Contour/Ambient LED interior lighting package—multicolor" which is standard on the Premium Plus and higher models. I have only driven the Premium Plus Q8 at night and I was impressed with the ambient lighting. I understand that for the basic "Ambient LED interior lighting package" on the Premium model you cannot change the LED colour. However, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the the basic ambient lighting package still retains the thin strips of light right above the wood trim around the interior door latch. I believe on the Q7 these white light strips are still included with the basic white ambient lighting package (see photo below) and was curious if this was the case with the Q8 as well.

Thanks in advance!

This is the light strip I am referring to.
I
Yes I believe so. I was wondering if the Q8 ambient lighting blinks when cars are in you blind spot like the q7 does, anyone know?
Old 12-11-2019, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 139 Posts

The ambient lighting blinks if you park, open a door and it senses traffic, but it does not flash while driving. Only the mirror side light flashes.
The following users liked this post:
krs71 (12-11-2019)