Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Anyone enable active lane assist on their Q8?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I am trying to get just the information but it never hurts to have more stuff !!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by aechazu
I am trying to get just the information but it never hurts to have more stuff !!
I may have found it. Can you please backup and share your module 5F info please?

Specifically, under traffic_sign_recognition_0x21: Does it show as "Activated" for you? I do not see you changing this value in your history, but don't know if it's already activated or not for your build. Lmk!
Old 06-02-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 06-02-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks. After a whole day, no progress yet, but I will continue working on it.

Out of curiosity since you and I are the only people I know who have turned on ALA through OBDEleven on our cars which is rare, does your vehicle make a slight ding when ALA is engaged and you intentionally let the car cross the line?

I think I might be the only person I know whose car does that now, and it occurs with steering wheel intensity set to low/med and high! I actually like it (a lot), but I was under the impression ALA shouldn't make any noises!
Old 06-02-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why aren't these things enable on your car? I assume mine are all enabled as my car will slow to street sign speed and active lane assist (steers to center) works when I have ACC enabled. Is there something above what I have?

As far as the slowing to the speed limit. I keep it on but it is annoying … but I like that it makes me pay attention to changing signs. What I will it would do that makes it annoying is maintain the same speed above limit. Example: If I'm on the highway and speed limit is 65 and I set cruise to 71 (6 miles over limit). If the speed limit reduces to 55mph - the car reduces my set point on cruise to 55mph. What I would want it to do is maintain the same difference - so if limit went down to 55mph the car would reduce down to 61mph (maintain the same 6 miles over).

I assume there is probably some legal reason they don't do that.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cbl1
Why aren't these things enable on your car? I assume mine are all enabled as my car will slow to street sign speed and active lane assist (steers to center) works when I have ACC enabled. Is there something above what I have?

As far as the slowing to the speed limit. I keep it on but it is annoying … but I like that it makes me pay attention to changing signs. What I will it would do that makes it annoying is maintain the same speed above limit. Example: If I'm on the highway and speed limit is 65 and I set cruise to 71 (6 miles over limit). If the speed limit reduces to 55mph - the car reduces my set point on cruise to 55mph. What I would want it to do is maintain the same difference - so if limit went down to 55mph the car would reduce down to 61mph (maintain the same 6 miles over).

I assume there is probably some legal reason they don't do that.
Because we didn't buy the driver's assistance package.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Thanks. After a whole day, no progress yet, but I will continue working on it.

Out of curiosity since you and I are the only people I know who have turned on ALA through OBDEleven on our cars which is rare, does your vehicle make a slight ding when ALA is engaged and you intentionally let the car cross the line?

I think I might be the only person I know whose car does that now, and it occurs with steering wheel intensity set to low/med and high! I actually like it (a lot), but I was under the impression ALA shouldn't make any noises!
I haven't heard any noise. I had it on my Q7 and this one seems to be even better. It knows when the turn signal is activated.
I will check again tomorrow if I hear any ding
Old 06-03-2019, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I haven't heard any noise. I had it on my Q7 and this one seems to be even better. It knows when the turn signal is activated.
I will check again tomorrow if I hear any ding
I am sure there is no ding. Might be an A8 feature?
Old 06-03-2019, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I am sure there is no ding. Might be an A8 feature?
Thank you. I'll record it later on tonight and post a Youtube video. It's the slightest ding (or maybe a rattle? )

I appreciate you following up! I will do the same as it amuses me quite a fair bit!
Old 06-03-2019, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

This is the most embarrassing upload of my life from a quality perspective (used my other phone and then texted to my main phone and uploaded on Utube). anyways, skip to 6 seconds. That's what I hear! Anyone else hear this?

Last edited by angrypengu; 06-03-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone enable active lane assist on their Q8?