Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Anyone like the White Year One?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm torn between this look and the Florett Silver with Sarder Brown interior. Most of my Audis have been IBIS White except for my 2001 S4 which was a beautiful silver. Their new sliver isn't as cool as 2001 IMO. Also torn between Glacier and IBIS. ugh.. 1st world problems i suppose.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4sleeper
I'm torn between this look and the Florett Silver with Sarder Brown interior. Most of my Audis have been IBIS White except for my 2001 S4 which was a beautiful silver. Their new sliver isn't as cool as 2001 IMO. Also torn between Glacier and IBIS. ugh.. 1st world problems i suppose.
I was hoping to get the Florette Silver but when I saw it the color just wasn't as vibrant as my Infiniti. I know, move on. I know grey/silver can be a hard color to go with. From painting my bathroom grey to looking at grey cars, grey can take on a lot of different tones, like blue or green. I didn't find any of the Audi q8 grey/silver colors stayed true grey/silver. They changed constantly to other tones in different lights. Guess that's the charm in a lot of cases, but not for me. Funny, my family actually liked my idea of buying a q8 and having a body shop repaint it in Infiniti Sheer Platinum. That's how much they like it.

JR
Old 04-27-2019, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Posting pics of color combos I accumulated while I was shopping for Q8’s

hope it helps some of you

Old 05-05-2019, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't been able to find a good full description of the year 1 package. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffSmith
Haven't been able to find a good full description of the year 1 package. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.
Year One package

22" Audi Sport® 5-V-spoke-star design, high-gloss anthracite black finish wheels

285/40 all-season tires12

Red brake calipers (front and rear)–NA with Dragon Orange and Galaxy Blue exterior

Black Singleframe® grille mask

Black optic exterior trim and roof rails

S line® exterior appearance

S line® fender badges

S line® illuminated door sill inlays
Old 05-06-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you, Wausau!
Old 05-06-2019, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New kid on the block

Being a long time Porsche fanatic the dealer handed me the keys to a new Cayenne and said enjoy it for the weekend. I returned it last Monday with my build and deposit ready. My sales advisor was finishing up a delivery so I walked next door to the Audi dealership just to have a look around. I have not owned an Audi for many years and was totally ignorant to the different models they had to offer. Sitting in the middle of the showroom was one of the best looking vehicles I had ever seen in my many years. It turned out to be a Q8, Carrara White, year one package, and most all options and packages offered. A sales advisor approached and I liked his no pressure style right away. Realizing I was a ‘newbie’ to the modern world of Audi’s he suggested I drive a demo home and get a feel for it. WOW is all I can say for the comfort and excitement of the Q8. I have owned many many cars during my long years but have to say my new Q8 tops the list of my favorites. I have only had it a few days but discovery something new and exciting every time I get in it. The Porsche was going to take 4 months for delivery and $30,000 more for the equivalent options....so you know how this ended! I look forward to being an active part of the forum and learning from all of the members.
The following users liked this post:
montgomerie94 (12-20-2022)
Old 05-06-2019, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by skiphoyt

Being a long time Porsche fanatic the dealer handed me the keys to a new Cayenne and said enjoy it for the weekend. I returned it last Monday with my build and deposit ready. My sales advisor was finishing up a delivery so I walked next door to the Audi dealership just to have a look around. I have not owned an Audi for many years and was totally ignorant to the different models they had to offer. Sitting in the middle of the showroom was one of the best looking vehicles I had ever seen in my many years. It turned out to be a Q8, Carrara White, year one package, and most all options and packages offered. A sales advisor approached and I liked his no pressure style right away. Realizing I was a ‘newbie’ to the modern world of Audi’s he suggested I drive a demo home and get a feel for it. WOW is all I can say for the comfort and excitement of the Q8. I have owned many many cars during my long years but have to say my new Q8 tops the list of my favorites. I have only had it a few days but discovery something new and exciting every time I get in it. The Porsche was going to take 4 months for delivery and $30,000 more for the equivalent options....so you know how this ended! I look forward to being an active part of the forum and learning from all of the members.
Congrats!
Old 05-06-2019, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

@skiphoyt, a big congrats and welcome to the forum! I love Porsche as well and had a Macan S and a PGTS before the Q8. I recognize your username from MacanForum (I think) and even remember pics of your cars. Your Q8 looks fantastic, the profile of the Q8 is very sporty, amazing design by Audi! The new Cayenne is also extremely nice I LOVE the tail lights. At the end of the day nothing beats a Porsche imo, but the Q8 is a very slick overall package and I think you will enjoy it as a nice change of pace. By the way how did you get the black handles are you in Europe?
Old 05-06-2019, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Black Handles

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
@skiphoyt, a big congrats and welcome to the forum! I love Porsche as well and had a Macan S and a PGTS before the Q8. I recognize your username from MacanForum (I think) and even remember pics of your cars. Your Q8 looks fantastic, the profile of the Q8 is very sporty, amazing design by Audi! The new Cayenne is also extremely nice I LOVE the tail lights. At the end of the day nothing beats a Porsche imo, but the Q8 is a very slick overall package and I think you will enjoy it as a nice change of pace. By the way how did you get the black handles are you in Europe?
Thx jrjunior31 for the welcome message. Yes you are right about sharing posts on the Porsche forum with me. I had a silver Macan S followed by a white Macan GTS. Long story for another day but due to a family medical issue I/we have changed cars four times in five months searching for the best combination of driving excitement and functionality. The Q8 seems to provide both! Back to your question about the BLACK HANDLES....I had that option on my Carrara White GTS and really liked the appearance (see picture attached) so had the dealer paint them before delivery. I am happy with the outcome and yes it is not a Porsche but I needed it now as opposed to Aug/Sept delivery of the new Cayenne.

Quick Reply: Anyone like the White Year One?