Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

Anyone like the White Year One?

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Anyone like the White Year One?

 
Old 04-27-2019, 08:04 AM
  #11  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 188
Default

I'm torn between this look and the Florett Silver with Sarder Brown interior. Most of my Audis have been IBIS White except for my 2001 S4 which was a beautiful silver. Their new sliver isn't as cool as 2001 IMO. Also torn between Glacier and IBIS. ugh.. 1st world problems i suppose.
s4sleeper is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 08:28 AM
  #12  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 95
Default

Originally Posted by s4sleeper View Post
I'm torn between this look and the Florett Silver with Sarder Brown interior. Most of my Audis have been IBIS White except for my 2001 S4 which was a beautiful silver. Their new sliver isn't as cool as 2001 IMO. Also torn between Glacier and IBIS. ugh.. 1st world problems i suppose.
I was hoping to get the Florette Silver but when I saw it the color just wasn't as vibrant as my Infiniti. I know, move on. I know grey/silver can be a hard color to go with. From painting my bathroom grey to looking at grey cars, grey can take on a lot of different tones, like blue or green. I didn't find any of the Audi q8 grey/silver colors stayed true grey/silver. They changed constantly to other tones in different lights. Guess that's the charm in a lot of cases, but not for me. Funny, my family actually liked my idea of buying a q8 and having a body shop repaint it in Infiniti Sheer Platinum. That's how much they like it.

JR
jriker1 is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 09:52 AM
  #13  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 120
Default

Posting pics of color combos I accumulated while I was shopping for Q8’s


hope it helps some of you












Jsf721 is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 12:45 PM
  #14  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 39
Default

Haven't been able to find a good full description of the year 1 package. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.
JeffSmith is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 AM
  #15  
AudiWorld Member
 
WausauS8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by JeffSmith View Post
Haven't been able to find a good full description of the year 1 package. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.
Year One package

22" Audi Sport® 5-V-spoke-star design, high-gloss anthracite black finish wheels

285/40 all-season tires12

Red brake calipers (front and rear)–NA with Dragon Orange and Galaxy Blue exterior

Black Singleframe® grille mask

Black optic exterior trim and roof rails

S line® exterior appearance


S line® fender badges


S line® illuminated door sill inlays
WausauS8 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 11:39 AM
  #16  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 39
Default

Thank you, Wausau!
JeffSmith is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:22 PM
  #17  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 21
Default New kid on the block


Being a long time Porsche fanatic the dealer handed me the keys to a new Cayenne and said enjoy it for the weekend. I returned it last Monday with my build and deposit ready. My sales advisor was finishing up a delivery so I walked next door to the Audi dealership just to have a look around. I have not owned an Audi for many years and was totally ignorant to the different models they had to offer. Sitting in the middle of the showroom was one of the best looking vehicles I had ever seen in my many years. It turned out to be a Q8, Carrara White, year one package, and most all options and packages offered. A sales advisor approached and I liked his no pressure style right away. Realizing I was a ‘newbie’ to the modern world of Audi’s he suggested I drive a demo home and get a feel for it. WOW is all I can say for the comfort and excitement of the Q8. I have owned many many cars during my long years but have to say my new Q8 tops the list of my favorites. I have only had it a few days but discovery something new and exciting every time I get in it. The Porsche was going to take 4 months for delivery and $30,000 more for the equivalent options....so you know how this ended! I look forward to being an active part of the forum and learning from all of the members.
skiphoyt is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 06:04 PM
  #18  
AudiWorld Member
 
WausauS8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisco
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by skiphoyt View Post

Being a long time Porsche fanatic the dealer handed me the keys to a new Cayenne and said enjoy it for the weekend. I returned it last Monday with my build and deposit ready. My sales advisor was finishing up a delivery so I walked next door to the Audi dealership just to have a look around. I have not owned an Audi for many years and was totally ignorant to the different models they had to offer. Sitting in the middle of the showroom was one of the best looking vehicles I had ever seen in my many years. It turned out to be a Q8, Carrara White, year one package, and most all options and packages offered. A sales advisor approached and I liked his no pressure style right away. Realizing I was a ‘newbie’ to the modern world of Audi’s he suggested I drive a demo home and get a feel for it. WOW is all I can say for the comfort and excitement of the Q8. I have owned many many cars during my long years but have to say my new Q8 tops the list of my favorites. I have only had it a few days but discovery something new and exciting every time I get in it. The Porsche was going to take 4 months for delivery and $30,000 more for the equivalent options....so you know how this ended! I look forward to being an active part of the forum and learning from all of the members.
Congrats!
WausauS8 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 10:42 PM
  #19  
AudiWorld Member
 
jrjunior31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 541
Default

skiphoyt, a big congrats and welcome to the forum! I love Porsche as well and had a Macan S and a PGTS before the Q8. I recognize your username from MacanForum (I think) and even remember pics of your cars. Your Q8 looks fantastic, the profile of the Q8 is very sporty, amazing design by Audi! The new Cayenne is also extremely nice I LOVE the tail lights. At the end of the day nothing beats a Porsche imo, but the Q8 is a very slick overall package and I think you will enjoy it as a nice change of pace. By the way how did you get the black handles are you in Europe?
jrjunior31 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 11:38 PM
  #20  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 21
Default Black Handles


Originally Posted by jrjunior31 View Post
skiphoyt, a big congrats and welcome to the forum! I love Porsche as well and had a Macan S and a PGTS before the Q8. I recognize your username from MacanForum (I think) and even remember pics of your cars. Your Q8 looks fantastic, the profile of the Q8 is very sporty, amazing design by Audi! The new Cayenne is also extremely nice I LOVE the tail lights. At the end of the day nothing beats a Porsche imo, but the Q8 is a very slick overall package and I think you will enjoy it as a nice change of pace. By the way how did you get the black handles are you in Europe?
Thx jrjunior31 for the welcome message. Yes you are right about sharing posts on the Porsche forum with me. I had a silver Macan S followed by a white Macan GTS. Long story for another day but due to a family medical issue I/we have changed cars four times in five months searching for the best combination of driving excitement and functionality. The Q8 seems to provide both! Back to your question about the BLACK HANDLES....I had that option on my Carrara White GTS and really liked the appearance (see picture attached) so had the dealer paint them before delivery. I am happy with the outcome and yes it is not a Porsche but I needed it now as opposed to Aug/Sept delivery of the new Cayenne.
skiphoyt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone like the White Year One?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: