Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Anyone like the White Year One?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skiphoyt
Being a long time Porsche fanatic the dealer handed me the keys to a new Cayenne and said enjoy it for the weekend. I returned it last Monday with my build and deposit ready. My sales advisor was finishing up a delivery so I walked next door to the Audi dealership just to have a look around. I have not owned an Audi for many years and was totally ignorant to the different models they had to offer. Sitting in the middle of the showroom was one of the best looking vehicles I had ever seen in my many years. It turned out to be a Q8, Carrara White, year one package, and most all options and packages offered. A sales advisor approached and I liked his no pressure style right away. Realizing I was a ‘newbie’ to the modern world of Audi’s he suggested I drive a demo home and get a feel for it. WOW is all I can say for the comfort and excitement of the Q8. I have owned many many cars during my long years but have to say my new Q8 tops the list of my favorites. I have only had it a few days but discovery something new and exciting every time I get in it. The Porsche was going to take 4 months for delivery and $30,000 more for the equivalent options....so you know how this ended! I look forward to being an active part of the forum and learning from all of the members.
Nice ride skiphoyt. What did you end up with for your interior? Seat color, headliner color, wood trim? Now that I've negotiated price, I'm off to the Audi dealer to put down an order, or that's the intent. Think I'll spend more time on the various colors internal to the car than external but guess there are more options to pick and you see the inside more than the outside when driving.

Also did you get the front windows slightly tinted or is that just the picture?

JR
Old 05-07-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Window sticker

Originally Posted by jriker1
Nice ride skiphoyt. What did you end up with for your interior? Seat color, headliner color, wood trim? Now that I've negotiated price, I'm off to the Audi dealer to put down an order, or that's the intent. Think I'll spend more time on the various colors internal to the car than external but guess there are more options to pick and you see the inside more than the outside when driving.

Also did you get the front windows slightly tinted or is that just the picture?

JR
I will attach the window sticker if that helps. Really like everything about the car and wouldn’t change options or interior colors. Front windows have a 30 degree tint applied. Good luck with your order and please feel free to contact me with any other questions. You will LOVE the Q8! Text...215-872-6483
Old 05-07-2019, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

So here's the darndist thing if that's a word. I have had two dealers charge me $2,250 for the Year One package. However on the website they charge $2,250 plus the $400 for the red caliper brakes. So when you pick Y1 it adds the $400. Is the website right or the dealer right? I do not see this on skiphoyt's window sticker.

Thanks.

JR
Old 05-07-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me. Website was $400 more than the dealer...I paid the dealer price and so should you. So I guess that's the right one haha!
Old 05-07-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SammyH
Same thing happened to me. Website was $400 more than the dealer...I paid the dealer price and so should you. So I guess that's the right one haha!
Darn-it, thought I got an extra discount due to a mistake.

JR
Old 05-07-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Same. Same. Website adds it on top of the YR1 which is obviously a mistake.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Same. Same. Website adds it on top of the YR1 which is obviously a mistake.
That's a big mistake. Either way the car is on order. It's going to be 6 - 8 weeks. A lot of people here say it's usually 2 months however the sales guy initially said no way it's 4 months. Then they found out they had one about to be built and tweaked it per my ask so it will be completed sooner. But funny if it wasn't for that vehicle in process, it would take 4 months longer than everyone is saying their custom builds are taking.

JR