AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   Audi Care when and worth it? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/audi-care-when-worth-2971879/)

jriker1 05-07-2019 02:22 PM

Audi Care when and worth it?

So I now have put down a deposit on a custom car. I am NOT financing. Paying cash. Couple things:

1. At what point are they going to talk about things like Audi Care?
2. Is Audi Care worth it? Dealer claims they make no profit on this, that it's direct from Audi.
3. When can you use this? They said the first maintenance is free and this would be applied ongoing. What kind of maintenance? An oil change if that's my next maintenance? What kind of next 4 maintenance is going to cost enough to make paying a grand for this Audi Care worth it?

OK I lied, it's 3 things not 2.

Thanks.

JR

jriker1 05-10-2019 05:48 AM

So I think I found my answer to 3 above but causes more questions. So it's 20k, 30k, 40k, and 50k miles. The new question since the warranty expires after 50k miles, and think I'll hit that before the date, I tend to get rid of my cars before the warranty expires. With all the electronics on this one, thinking that's really going to be one I get rid of before warranty expiry. So basically the last maintenance window of 50k would never be used. Curious what each 10k maintenance window costs normally, and what happens if I trade in the car before I hit the 50k window and have Audi Care?

Thanks.

JR

HSPG 05-10-2019 07:48 AM

The 40k maintenance alone costs more than the Audi care. I remember it’s around $1350. The 20k and 30k cost around $900 in total.

The Audi care goes with the car. After you get rid of it the new owner will have the Audi care automatically.

jriker1 05-10-2019 11:37 AM

Thanks that's helpful. Crazy but helpful. hard to think general maintenance costs that much. Went from Chevy that had $350 maintenance periods similar to the 20k, 30k, 40k of Audi, to Infiniti that I had no scheduled maintenance. Just whatever needed to be done was done when you came in for an oil change and they did full walkthru's every time but there were no bulk pre-determined costs for maintenance ever. Even now that I'm at 103k on my Inifiniti just basic maintenance charges.

By the way, I assume the $999 is negotiable?

Thanks.

JR

HSPG 05-10-2019 12:17 PM

Some dealer may negotiate a little bit but most won’t.

The margin is extremely thin.

Originally Posted by jriker1 (Post 25314847)
Thanks that's helpful. Crazy but helpful. hard to think general maintenance costs that much. Went from Chevy that had $350 maintenance periods similar to the 20k, 30k, 40k of Audi, to Infiniti that I had no scheduled maintenance. Just whatever needed to be done was done when you came in for an oil change and they did full walkthru's every time but there were no bulk pre-determined costs for maintenance ever. Even now that I'm at 103k on my Inifiniti just basic maintenance charges.

Thanks.

JR

lungs414 05-13-2019 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jriker1 (Post 25314847)

Thanks.

JR

I just picked mine up late last week. I discussed it with them as I definitely wanted it. Peace of mind and $1000 not a big deal. I also avoid owning any of these types of vehicles with out a warranty. My advisor suggested that i buy it 19500 miles to make sure i get the value of all services since i will definitely hit the lineage markers. No sent spending money now , and if something happens to it before then i don't have any hassles.

jriker1 05-13-2019 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by lungs414 (Post 25316180)
I just picked mine up late last week. I discussed it with them as I definitely wanted it. Peace of mind and $1000 not a big deal. I also avoid owning any of these types of vehicles with out a warranty. My advisor suggested that i buy it 19500 miles to make sure i get the value of all services since i will definitely hit the lineage markers. No sent spending money now , and if something happens to it before then i don't have any hassles.

Yeah I'm obstinate perhaps. I looked into the maintenance a bit and it basically looks like the first and third maintenance cycles under Audi Care look like basically Oil Changes. Plus still trying to figure out as you mentioned don't want these vehicles without a warranty, what happens when I TRADE IN my q8 in 3.5 years to the last maintenance cycle covered by Audi Care. Thinking Audi isn't going to pay me a 1/4 of the cost back.

JR