Audi Q8 Picture Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow! Is that the Navarra Blue Metallic?
Old 11-26-2018, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kelisko View Post
Wow! Is that the Navarra Blue Metallic?
Yes it is metallic. I think it looks great! Ok, I own it but i was prepared to not take delivery if it did not look a LOT better than some of the Q8's I had seen. I can't remember ever owning a blue car so it's not like i have a bias to blue.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You have good taste. I got the same one on Tuesday this week. Q8 Prestige Navarra blue year one and cold weather package with pando grey interior.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lucci View Post
Yes it is metallic. I think it looks great! Ok, I own it but i was prepared to not take delivery if it did not look a LOT better than some of the Q8's I had seen. I can't remember ever owning a blue car so it's not like i have a bias to blue.
Your pictures alone inspired me to look at getting this same exact color but with the Sarder Brown Interior - which I have seen up close.

Question - Do you think it Navarra Blue is too dark with Year 1 / Black Optic package. While many here on this forum like the all blacked out look, I do not (personal preference).

Thanks

Old 11-27-2018, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL View Post
Your pictures alone inspired me to look at getting this same exact color but with the Sarder Brown Interior - which I have seen up close.

Question - Do you think it Navarra Blue is too dark with Year 1 / Black Optic package. While many here on this forum like the all blacked out look, I do not (personal preference).

Thanks
Mine does have Sarder Brown interior with the dark headliner
My biased opinion is that this is the perfect color combination for this vehicle. The dark metallic blue reflects light such that it shows the lines of the vehicle and contrasts with the black year one package.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am thinking the same thing - but the light, silver headliner - to give it a nice contrast to the dark seats.

What do you think of the car now that you have been driving it daily (I assume) ? Pros ? Cons ?
Old 11-27-2018, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am thinking the same thing - but the light, silver headliner - to give it a nice contrast to the dark seats.

What do you think of the car now that you have been driving it daily (I assume) ? Pros ? Cons ?
Get the dark headliner, otherwise too much gray
Old 11-27-2018, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry I haven't posted pictures. It's been raining off and on and I haven't been able to get it clean yet. I will try this weekend if possible.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have only put about 500 miles on it, so hard to say what i think beyond the new car excitement, and honestly i get more positive comments from folks i didn't think would even realize i got a new car and a few rubberneckers in town. It is actually funny to see.
First thoughts are that it seems much quicker than the 18 Q7, don't know if it is but it sure feels good when you stomp on it.
Drives easy, never feel like you are driving a 2.5 ton vehicle
Lane keeping assist is much less ping pongy, but i haven't played with the settings enough to screw them up yet. there are a number of "bad" scenarios with the Q7 that i have not encountered yet, once i do i will update my notes.The tendency to go down exit ramps when you don't want to or to catch the speed of the exit ramp and start slowing you down quickly even though you are still on the interstate.
High beam assist is much better at recognizing reflections of the newer highway signs that look almost as bright as lights. Same with red lights, including taillights that are so far out in front of you they can't tell you have the brights on.
The resolution of the screens is awesome and really makes a noticeable difference.
I wish the engine had a little growl to it ok even if it was synthesized sound almost anything would be better.
The dynamic setting on the suspension seems to take the car much lower than on the Q7, again, not sure if it does or if it is just how the tires melt together with the body when it is lowered down. I think that looks pretty cool on the Q8.
It is cool that as you drive down the street towards your house, the "buttons" pop up on the screen asking you to select which garage door to open. Ok a gimmick but i like it, makes me smile every time for some reason.
Back seats have a TON of room.
Downside?
Sometimes from a standing start say at a stoplight, when accelerating normally, not stomping on it there is a big hesitation, seems almost dangerous. reminds me of the TDI's after the diesel gate fixes were applied. It could be me getting use to the power train, but i don't' think so.
I think everyone expects this in a vehicle like this, but the rear view mirror provides a great view of the rear headrests but not much else.
My insurance went up $350/year
The adaptive cruise seems to keep farther distances between me and the car in front than it did in the Q7
My biggest complaint so far, NO rear fog lights and I have most options except for the B&O, I think it was part of the prestige on the Q7

Old 11-28-2018, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lucci View Post
I have only put about 500 miles on it, so hard to say what i think beyond the new car excitement, and honestly i get more positive comments from folks i didn't think would even realize i got a new car and a few rubberneckers in town. It is actually funny to see.
First thoughts are that it seems much quicker than the 18 Q7, don't know if it is but it sure feels good when you stomp on it.
Drives easy, never feel like you are driving a 2.5 ton vehicle
Lane keeping assist is much less ping pongy, but i haven't played with the settings enough to screw them up yet. there are a number of "bad" scenarios with the Q7 that i have not encountered yet, once i do i will update my notes.The tendency to go down exit ramps when you don't want to or to catch the speed of the exit ramp and start slowing you down quickly even though you are still on the interstate.
High beam assist is much better at recognizing reflections of the newer highway signs that look almost as bright as lights. Same with red lights, including taillights that are so far out in front of you they can't tell you have the brights on.
The resolution of the screens is awesome and really makes a noticeable difference.
I wish the engine had a little growl to it ok even if it was synthesized sound almost anything would be better.
The dynamic setting on the suspension seems to take the car much lower than on the Q7, again, not sure if it does or if it is just how the tires melt together with the body when it is lowered down. I think that looks pretty cool on the Q8.
It is cool that as you drive down the street towards your house, the "buttons" pop up on the screen asking you to select which garage door to open. Ok a gimmick but i like it, makes me smile every time for some reason.
Back seats have a TON of room.
Downside?
Sometimes from a standing start say at a stoplight, when accelerating normally, not stomping on it there is a big hesitation, seems almost dangerous. reminds me of the TDI's after the diesel gate fixes were applied. It could be me getting use to the power train, but i don't' think so.
I think everyone expects this in a vehicle like this, but the rear view mirror provides a great view of the rear headrests but not much else.
My insurance went up $350/year
The adaptive cruise seems to keep farther distances between me and the car in front than it did in the Q7
My biggest complaint so far, NO rear fog lights and I have most options except for the B&O, I think it was part of the prestige on the Q7
Thanks for the detailed review. I was actually hoping for a little more oomph on the test drive as well. I was hoping that, at this price point, 0-60 would be closer to 5.0

I too have a few bad scenarios in my Q7, mostly with the car detecting an oncoming vehicle (in the opposite direction) and applying emergency brakes, when no car was present. Its happened a few times, and it's not nice when you are about to make a left turn.

I heard about the garage door button coming on automatically as you approach your home.

The initial lag when accelerating from a stoplight doesn't sound good.

I do however love the looks of the car and especially their implementation of the touch screen. While I would have loved to have physical buttons for headlight and garage door functions, Audi did a fantastic job with the haptic feedback.

Thanks again for the review. It would be great to hear more later on.

I am thinking about getting a Q8. The earliest I can get a custom build is delivery mid March.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Q8 Picture Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: