Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Audi Q8 Picture Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Took delivery today of my Technik/dragon orange/S-line/BOP Q8! Delivery was ok but it took a while for the rep, who was only on his second Q8 delivery to figure out how to link my MyAudi account to the car. Matrix headlights were not activated event though they are now legal here. Weather was overcast with snow/rain so the picture doesn't do the orange justice. Will take more picture soon. Looks amazing. Love the tech, quiet interior, virtual cockpit, the ride quality, the B&O 3D. Looking to see if I will keep most of the nannies off or on... The Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV are surprisingly good on 20" winter wheels. Will post a detailed review in a few weeks!

Ordered early August and the car landed in town about 2 weeks ago. Had to wait until today because of the TDI buy-back process so almost 4 months from order to delivery.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Daytona Q8

Old 11-28-2018, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 11-28-2018, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Posted these in Q7/Q8 thread earlier but just found the Q8 picture thread and happy to join in! Less than 400 miles so far but it is quite the vehicle! The level of detail inside and out is truly something to behold. This is an extroidinary automobile. I am coming from a 2015 Panamera GTS. I havenít seen the garage door button pop up yet Iím thinking I need to adjust location services on MMI app or something. @Lucci please advise. I have noticed the headlight animation does not work on the back that often. Seems to work at night a lot more than day time. The front animation works more often not sure whatís going on. Only complaint so far is heat blocking film they installed on back windows. Itís a cloudy film and the windows donít look clear. Tint guy said heís only seen this film on Range Rover, no other cars use it. Will be happy to provide a more in-depth review in the near future, itís great to see a dedicated Q8 forum!

Last edited by jrjunior31; 11-28-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Norp View Post

Took delivery today of my Technik/dragon orange/S-line/BOP Q8! Delivery was ok but it took a while for the rep, who was only on his second Q8 delivery to figure out how to link my MyAudi account to the car. Matrix headlights were not activated event though they are now legal here. Weather was overcast with snow/rain so the picture doesn't do the orange justice. Will take more picture soon. Looks amazing. Love the tech, quiet interior, virtual cockpit, the ride quality, the B&O 3D. Looking to see if I will keep most of the nannies off or on... The Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV are surprisingly good on 20" winter wheels. Will post a detailed review in a few weeks!

Ordered early August and the car landed in town about 2 weeks ago. Had to wait until today because of the TDI buy-back process so almost 4 months from order to delivery.
I think this color option is underestimated. It does look great! Looking forward to seeing more pictures of it.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31 View Post
Posted these in Q7/Q8 thread earlier but just found the Q8 picture thread and happy to join in! Less than 400 miles so far but it is quite the vehicle! The level of detail inside and out is truly something to behold. This is an extroidinary automobile. I am coming from a 2015 Panamera GTS. I haven’t seen the garage door button pop up yet I’m thinking I need to adjust location services on MMI app or something. @Lucci please advise. I have noticed the headlight animation does not work on the back that often. Seems to work at night a lot more than day time. The front animation works more often not sure what’s going on. Only complaint so far is heat blocking film they installed on back windows. It’s a cloudy film and the windows don’t look clear. Tint guy said he’s only seen this film on Range Rover, no other cars use it. Will be happy to provide a more in-depth review in the near future, it’s great to see a dedicated Q8 forum!
Nice pictures you posted there. How do people react to it?
Old 11-29-2018, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Posted these in Q7/Q8 thread earlier but just found the Q8 picture thread and happy to join in! Less than 400 miles so far but it is quite the vehicle! The level of detail inside and out is truly something to behold. This is an extroidinary automobile. I am coming from a 2015 Panamera GTS. I havenít seen the garage door button pop up yet Iím thinking I need to adjust location services on MMI app or something. @Lucci please advise. I have noticed the headlight animation does not work on the back that often. Seems to work at night a lot more than day time. The front animation works more often not sure whatís going on. Only complaint so far is heat blocking film they installed on back windows. Itís a cloudy film and the windows donít look clear. Tint guy said heís only seen this film on Range Rover, no other cars use it. Will be happy to provide a more in-depth review in the near future, itís great to see a dedicated Q8 forum!

That doesn't sound right.

Anyone else here with an 8 notice this?

Old 11-29-2018, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
That doesn't sound right.

Anyone else here with an 8 notice this?
Assumed it was the privacy glass but perhaps the dealer installed it. Car only had 17 miles when I bought it though. Tint guy said it was an ir film if I remember correctly.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL View Post

I am thinking about getting a Q8. The earliest I can get a custom build is delivery mid March.
Not sure what you drive now but i can't imagine not liking it after you get.....if you like it now
Old 11-29-2018, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

... I havenít seen the garage door button pop up yet Iím thinking I need to adjust location services on MMI app or something. @Lucci please advise. I have noticed the headlight animation does not work on the back that often. Seems to work at night a lot more than day time. The front animation works more often not sure whatís going on.
When i programmed the "buttons" there is an option to provide the Current GPS location. the first time I was right in the garage when programming the location and the buttons popped up on my screen when i got to the driveway.
I redid the programming and set the GPS location at the begging of my driveway and now it prompts me when I am 20-30 [guessing] yards away but plenty of time before i get to my driveway

RE: the headlight animation results you mention, if when you unlock the vehicle as you are approaching from the front that would make "some sense" according to what i was told.Once you get the full on animation by unlocking it, you will not get the full animation again until the system resets. I don't recall exactly what that takes, maybe shut the car off and wait for it to cycle off. But anyhow, if you unlock it and see the full animation on the front or rear, if you go to the opposite end of the car and immediately lock/unlock it again you will get the shortened version.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Q8 Picture Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: