Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Blacked Out Tail Lights and Front Reflector Section

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Do you happen to know if your tint guy wrapped your taillights in one piece? Got mine last night and looking at it, might be easier for me just to do it in two
Old 01-30-2019, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Q8 & Urus

Originally Posted by dubbrand
Do you happen to know if your tint guy wrapped your taillights in one piece? Got mine last night and looking at it, might be easier for me just to do it in two

I think it may be multiple pieces. I’ll have to check tomorrow. Got pics of it next to a Urus today! I was honestly pleasantly impressed with how it compared to the Lamborghini.

Last edited by DONTHATEMYQ8; 01-30-2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Misspelling
The following users liked this post:
Jota83 (07-30-2022)
Old 01-31-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly prefer the look of the Q8 from certain angles, if you can ignore the fact that it's a Lambo lol. Of course those tail pipes and engine are another story. An SQ8 for $90K -$100K vs. Urus for $250K is a NO brainer IMO
Old 01-31-2019, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

The back of the Urus is sick looking! I like the rear fascia, rear vents, and sloped roof and the rake of the rear window. And those monster quad pipes are insane. The Q8 looks a little Ur-Quattro next to it from the back. But I still like the back of the Q8 better than any other Suvs. Not sure about the front of the Urus (it may look better in black) would need to see it up close. Your mods look unbelievable on the Q8 that thing is badass! Definitely needs new wheels though. The stock wheels are fine but cant wait to see what you put on there. Here's some other Lambo/Audi comparo shots...

Old 01-31-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Something else I was reminded of from these pics: I always wondered how the Q8 would look without roof rails and without the rear wiper. Judging by these shots I think it would look better. Too bad Audi doesn’t give you the option to delete these when ordering the way Porsche does.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Rear wiper

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Something else I was reminded of from these pics: I always wondered how the Q8 would look without roof rails and without the rear wiper. Judging by these shots I think it would look better. Too bad Audi doesn’t give you the option to delete these when ordering the way Porsche does.

I can’t stand the rear wiper! Seeing none on the Urus just really highlights that difference. I’m not sure about deleting the roof rails, I’m 50/50 on it so far.

Still trying to figure out the widest rear setup I can run on the back for tires/wheels without buying some first and learning the hard way. I know brands like Vossen say the have figments figured out but a buddy got their wheels for his S6 based off their spec recommendations and they unfortunately rub badly. I don’t want to be the Guinea Pig with fully forged wheels if possible, but I’m not sure how many others are trying to run 12” wide 23’s on their Q8 in the near future... Vossen told me they have fitments on the Q8 for up to 24”....
Old 02-01-2019, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

What are the stock Urus wheels and are they the same bolt pattern? Maybe your buddy will let you try them on
Old 02-01-2019, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The blacked out lights look amazing. Any possible way you can get shots with the lights on in the day/night time? Looks so stealth though, nice choice of mod!!
Old 02-23-2019, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the black Audi rings. Did you replace the chrome ones, or did you paint the original chrome.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wrap

Originally Posted by oleaudi
I like the black Audi rings. Did you replace the chrome ones, or did you paint the original chrome.
I haven’t painted anything on it so far. Wrapped the Audi rings front and back gloss black.

Here’s daytime pics with the lights on and off.
The following users liked this post:
montgomerie94 (10-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Blacked Out Tail Lights and Front Reflector Section