Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

CAR FINDER

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default CAR FINDER

I am probably missing something obvious, but I am having trouble finding the "Car Finder" in the Audi app. I keep losing my car Can someone help? Thanks.

PS - I can see the car on the map, but no finder help. On other cars it show a dotted line to the car that you can follow.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to go to the map in the app. Then press on the car icon on the bottom left of the map. Wait a few seconds and it will show the current location of your Q8 on the map with the car marker turning red once it is updated.

BTW, Audi also offers ($) a car tracking service in case of theft and this is not the same as you need to have a police report number to contact them to request the car be located.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rjabend
I am probably missing something obvious, but I am having trouble finding the "Car Finder" in the Audi app. I keep losing my car Can someone help? Thanks.

PS - I can see the car on the map, but no finder help. On other cars it show a dotted line to the car that you can follow.
This feature is no longer present in the "update." It will show you your car's location, it just won't show where YOU are relative to your car.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is still there. Once the app has a fix on the location of your Q8, press on the marker for the car and you will see options show up on the bottom of the map, including "Calculate route" for directions to the car, distance, fuel status and also how long the car has been parked in the same location.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Norp
It is still there. Once the app has a fix on the location of your Q8, press on the marker for the car and you will see options show up on the bottom of the map, including "Calculate route" for directions to the car, distance, fuel status and also how long the car has been parked in the same location.
The app must have different functionality for the Q7, because all I get is the distance, driving range, park time, and the option to Send or Share the information. No normal Google interface to drive/walk to the vehicle.

Last edited by Doc H; 12-27-2018 at 04:03 PM.