Connecting iPhone - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Connecting iPhone

Old 12-08-2018, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Connecting iPhone

Moving up from 2012 A6 to Q8 and wondering if I need Lighting/USB cable connection to get full connection to my iPhone X? They list a USB cable kit (LUC) in port installed options but if I can get full connection, including Apple Play using BlueTooth, no need to buy any cable?
Old 12-08-2018, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomk View Post
Moving up from 2012 A6 to Q8 and wondering if I need Lighting/USB cable connection to get full connection to my iPhone X? They list a USB cable kit (LUC) in port installed options but if I can get full connection, including Apple Play using BlueTooth, no need to buy any cable?
These cables are dead money, they’re just standard USBs according to my dealer. My car did not have them optioned. Almost every car I looked it did have them actually. Your phone should work fine with wireless Carplay or worst case you use your own lightning cable.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Don't bother with the cable if you have an iPhone X. Use Wireless CarPlay if you want to, or just regular bluetooth. Use the wireless charger to keep the power topped off. No cables needed.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default SCREW THE CABLES

Originally Posted by tomk View Post

Personally, I'd say screw cables since you can charge wirelessly and use Apple CarPlay wirelessly. Just make sure to connect the the 5G wireless network, not the other one in order to use Wireless CarPlay, I had to figure that out myself initially...