AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   Custom build time frame (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/custom-build-time-frame-2970978/)

Jsf721 04-22-2019 02:53 AM

Custom build time frame

For anyone that could not find exactly the combination of colors and options they wanted and decided to place an order how long did it take to deliver from order date to delivery to you.

How does Audi keep you informed along the way?

Thanks

KevinGary 04-22-2019 03:45 AM

I have done factory orders twice. It took 8-10 weeks both times.

Jsf721 04-22-2019 03:46 AM

That would be perfect.

By factory orders does that mean you picked up at the factory or at your dealer?

Originally Posted by KevinGary (Post 25306404)
I have done factory orders twice. It took 8-10 weeks both times.

KevinGary 04-22-2019 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jsf721 (Post 25306405)
That would be perfect.

By factory orders does that mean you picked up at the factory or at your dealer?

i picked it up at the dealer. I had to factory order because I wanted the car exactly the way I wanted it.:D

Jsf721 04-22-2019 03:54 AM

I totally get it, I am in the same boat.

Originally Posted by KevinGary (Post 25306406)
i picked it up at the dealer. I had to factory order because I wanted the car exactly the way I wanted it.:D

gpa9504 04-22-2019 10:34 AM

Time from order to delivery

Originally Posted by Jsf721 (Post 25306393)
For anyone that could not find exactly the combination of colors and options they wanted and decided to place an order how long did it take to deliver from order date to delivery to you.

Thanks

I ordered in January on the 20th. Received an email last week that the car had just left the factory going to the boat. Dealer has been pathetic on keeping me informed with any news. Other than this email- zero information. After reading about so many owners experiencing throttle lag and the volume issue between media- I have pretty much decided to pass on the Q8 for now. My dealer is 100 miles away and I really don't have time to run back and forth to fix issues. At least my Land Rover dealer (located 200+ miles away) will come and pick up my car and leave a loaner for me...

So for me- too long! Gave me time to research the car and decide to look at a later model with more power and fewer issues perhaps. Or something else entirely.

oleaudi 04-22-2019 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jsf721 (Post 25306393)

Thanks

Most dealers I have talked with have told me to expect 3 months from order to dealer delivery. I have ordered 3 different audi models, built at different factories, and one was a few weeks less than 3 months, one was right at 3 months, and the Q8 was a couple of weeks over 3 months. Probably has a lot to due with when you place the order and if the dealer can change one that is in the pipeline but no production date.

jrjunior31 04-22-2019 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by gpa9504 (Post 25306593)
I ordered in January on the 20th. Received an email last week that the car had just left the factory going to the boat. Dealer has been pathetic on keeping me informed with any news. Other than this email- zero information. After reading about so many owners experiencing throttle lag and the volume issue between media- I have pretty much decided to pass on the Q8 for now. My dealer is 100 miles away and I really don't have time to run back and forth to fix issues. At least my Land Rover dealer (located 200+ miles away) will come and pick up my car and leave a loaner for me...

So for me- too long! Gave me time to research the car and decide to look at a later model with more power and fewer issues perhaps. Or something else entirely.

Wow, a hundred miles from the dealer and a first year production model. Definitely not ideal. I can see why you would re-consider. Land Rover has someone drive 400 miles back and forth to service your vehicle? That’s unbelievable. Not sure if you will find that anywhere else...

gpa9504 04-22-2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by jrjunior31 (Post 25306657)
Wow, a hundred miles from the dealer and a first year production model. Definitely not ideal. I can see why you would re-consider. Land Rover has someone drive 400 miles back and forth to service your vehicle? That’s unbelievable. Not sure if you will find that anywhere else...

i know! The first time I needed service they sent 2 guys- one driving an RR Sport and the other driving a Jag, just so I could choose one. I suspect they were picking up someone else’s car in the area as well- but I got first choice!

They are an an unusually good dealer. But I’m not blown away by their current line up. My current RR is a lease and is up (hence the interest in the Audi). But I think I will keep looking at alternatives.

I think they will tweak the Q8 or bring out a more powerful version eventually- then it will be very compelling!

LeicaNut 04-22-2019 02:55 PM

I have ordered all of my Audi's built to my specifications. The time varies depending on dealer allotment. My Q8 was ordered in late December. The dealer had a modifiable allocation for the first week of February. The car was built two weeks late and delivered in the middle of March.