AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   Does your ionizer turn off? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/does-your-ionizer-turn-off-2971946/)

angrypengu 05-08-2019 05:16 PM

Does your ionizer turn off?
 
I'm noticing that on my 2019 A8L, that after a while (randomly), that the ionizer function turns itself off after I explicitly tell it to turn on.

There are not enough D5 owners on Audiworld to get a good sample, so thought I'd ask you Q8 folks.

Are you seeing this behavior? If so, pls lmk and I will report this to Audi corporate as a bug.

gk1 05-08-2019 08:54 PM

Doesn’t the new system have a particulate monitoring system and perhaps it shuts itself off automatically?
The ‘ol “Your Audi knows better than you.” trick.

angrypengu 05-09-2019 05:48 AM


Originally Posted by gk1 (Post 25314059)
Doesn’t the new system have a particulate monitoring system and perhaps it shuts itself off automatically?
The ‘ol “Your Audi knows better than you.” trick.

No, no such sensor exists as per the parts diagrams I have perused through. Good idea though!

gk1 05-09-2019 05:59 AM


Originally Posted by angrypengu (Post 25314163)
No, no such sensor exists as per the parts diagrams I have perused through. Good idea though!

OK. Maybe it is not in North American market then.
From Audi:
"The air quality package will be introduced to selected markets in 2018 and expanded to include a particulate measuring sensor. It determines the level of particulates in the ambient air and compares this reading with the interior air. Filter efficiency is displayed on the on-board monitor – an important service especially for customers in urban areas."

angrypengu 05-09-2019 06:03 AM


Originally Posted by gk1 (Post 25314170)
OK. Maybe it is not in North American market then.
From Audi:
"The air quality package will be introduced to selected markets in 2018 and expanded to include a particulate measuring sensor. It determines the level of particulates in the ambient air and compares this reading with the interior air. Filter efficiency is displayed on the on-board monitor – an important service especially for customers in urban areas."

Many thanks for digging this up! If that's the case, it's probably me that made an oversight. I'll take a perusal again.

gk1 05-09-2019 07:29 AM


Originally Posted by angrypengu (Post 25314171)
Many thanks for digging this up! If that's the case, it's probably me that made an oversight. I'll take a perusal again.

NP. I would be interested to see pics of the onboard monitor display if it truly does exist on the Q8 or A8. Any pics if you find it would be cool. Seems like it might be an interesting system.

angrypengu 05-09-2019 09:07 AM

Thanks for the question! As a result of said question I found a neat article below. In the article, there is a photo of this, which is also below. On my D5 it does NOT show the pollutant inside/outside though, but it would be neat if it did!


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...3c57779e3a.jpg


Article: Audi Magazine - More wellbeing on wheels

cbl1 05-10-2019 03:16 AM

We don't have the ionizer in North America do we?

angrypengu 05-10-2019 03:20 AM


Originally Posted by cbl1 (Post 25314585)
We don't have the ionizer in North America do we?

Yes we do if you bought the air quality package.

cbl1 05-10-2019 04:53 AM

Ah - never noticed that as an option


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:10 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands