Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Driver Assistance Calibration

Old 05-11-2019, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Driver Assistance Calibration

I thought I would post this as a separate thread since it may be of interest:

I came across the following video that may be applicable to some of our DAS issues: https://rts.i-car.com/collision-repa...teve-zack.html
The calibration procedure must be conducted during a fairly exacting drive at a given speed and road conditions. It is not an easy process and there may be issues with it being conducted properly which may explain why some of us have the problems and others don't. I would appreciate any insight others may have with the video and calibration procedure and its applicability. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on that video, I wonder what happens if they have to replace the driver assistance modules in the winter. How the heck would they calibrate them?

Thanks.

JR
Old 05-11-2019, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jriker1
Based on that video, I wonder what happens if they have to replace the driver assistance modules in the winter. How the heck would they calibrate them?

Thanks.

JR
Good point! The requirements for calibration seem exacting, stringent and dependent on ideal road conditions for quite some distance. One almost needs a "calibration track".
Old 05-17-2019, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here is an interesting analysis questioning dealer knowledge on calibrating ADAS:

In addition to the dynamic calibration, there is a static version that again is very exacting requiring extensive equipment, a level surface, correct tire pressures, all fenders at the same level, perfect vehicle alignment with the target(s), etc. As can be seen in the following video, it ain't easy!!

I am not sure when the static method is selected. It looks like ADAS should be calibrated for tire changes, windshield changes, wheel alignment, and others like minor accidents.

Last edited by rjabend; 05-18-2019 at 03:27 AM.