Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Driver Assistance Question

Old 01-28-2019, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was very concerned about this too when i was considering getting the q8. I had tested the Tesla X and was extremely impressed with its ability to stay in the center of the lane. When I test drove a q7 way back i was not very impressed, but i think the "early" setting was not chosen by the salesman and i didn't know any better at that time to choose it. So when i got the q8 i was worried but fortunately all my fears were erased when i learned how to use it. The q8 doesn't have an "early" choice like the q7, but its standard setting is very good. When using adaptive cruise control w/ lane guidance below and/or above 40mph, the car does a great job at staying in the center of the lane expect for super sharp turns, but 99% i feel safe about its ability to stay centered. off of adaptive cruise control and only using the lane keep function, there is a ping ponging effect. i find myself using the adaptive cruise control with lane guidance a lot just like most tesla users do and am very satisfied with it in traffic and highway driving situations. i just hope that the level 3 autonomy stuff that the europeans get to experience will be opened up to us with a software update down the road.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default AUdi DAS Calibration

I came across the following video that may be applicable to some of our DAS issues: https://rts.i-car.com/collision-repa...teve-zack.html
The calibration procedure must be conducted during a fairly exacting drive at a given speed and road conditions. It is not an easy process and there may be issues with it being conducted properly which may explain why some of us have the problems and others don't. I would appreciate any insight others may have with the video and calibration procedure and its applicability. Thanks.