Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

How long 'til commission number?

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

How long 'til commission number?

 
Old 05-16-2019, 02:31 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 95
Default How long 'til commission number?

Ordered my q8 last Tuesday. Haven't heard from my Audi specialist with any updates. Maybe there isn't one yet. At what point is the commission number available after the order is placed so I don't call them before it's available? Note the car was already scheduled to be built or something for the dealer and they modified it with my needs so supposedly supposed to be faster or something.

Thanks.

JR
jriker1 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:30 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
LeicaNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 215
Default

The commission number is available as soon as the allocation order is placed in the system. This is what the dealer modified to your specifications. It should be available now.

WGH
LeicaNut is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 01:23 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 95
Default

Thanks for the info. I'll contact my Audi specialist as soon as I hear back from my next question or questions.

I know when I contact them I'm supposed to ask for the commission number, however I heard two other things.

1. Some kind of sheet you can get with all the various dates they are projecting for your build.
2. Some kind of program they can sign me up for that will send me status updates as my car goes thru it's build and shipping.

What are these called so I can reference them intelligently?

Thanks.

JR
jriker1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 02:23 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
LeicaNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll contact my Audi specialist as soon as I hear back from my next question or questions.

I know when I contact them I'm supposed to ask for the commission number, however I heard two other things.

1. Some kind of sheet you can get with all the various dates they are projecting for your build.
2. Some kind of program they can sign me up for that will send me status updates as my car goes thru it's build and shipping.

What are these called so I can reference them intelligently?

Thanks.

JR
The commission number sheet has those estimated dates listed which they can print for you. Audi may build the car sooner or delay the shipment. Usually you will get the car sooner than the estimated delivery date to the dealer. My car arrived two weeks earlier. Pre-sold cars go through the port quicker than unsold cars.
The Audi Specialist registers you to get status updates delivered to your e-mail. Not very informative, unfortunately.
LeicaNut is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 06:53 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 95
Default

So I asked my Audi Specialist for the commission number as well as the build sheet. Plus to be added to the email notification.

They responded that they will add me to the email notification list, didn't provide me the commission number, didn't even acknowledge it, and said the build sheet doesn't become available until it hits the port. Is this true, and if not what would be the benefit to the sales guy by not giving me this detail?

Thanks.

JR
jriker1 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:36 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Cadx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,022
Default

Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
So I asked my Audi Specialist for the commission number as well as the build sheet. Plus to be added to the email notification.

They responded that they will add me to the email notification list, didn't provide me the commission number, didn't even acknowledge it, and said the build sheet doesn't become available until it hits the port. Is this true, and if not what would be the benefit to the sales guy by not giving me this detail?

Thanks.

JR
The “Owner in Waiting” emails are useless. If you even get them, they don’t give any accurate or useful information.
If the dealer has an allocation & your order has actually been accepted by the factory you should be able to get the Comm #. Tell them you want a complete printout showing predicted ETAs. In fairness to them, this early in the process there won’t be a lot of information available.
The most accurate estimate of when your car will arrive is after it gets to Emden & a vessel has been assigned (shown on the Comm report). Then you can track the ship to whichever port serves your area.
Cadx6 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 08:43 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 719
Default

Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
So I asked my Audi Specialist for the commission number as well as the build sheet. Plus to be added to the email notification.

They responded that they will add me to the email notification list, didn't provide me the commission number, didn't even acknowledge it, and said the build sheet doesn't become available until it hits the port. Is this true, and if not what would be the benefit to the sales guy by not giving me this detail?

Thanks.

JR
Threaten to cancel the order? (hopefully your purchase had a subject clause - I always make sure mine do)

Seems like you came across a douchebag.
angrypengu is offline  
Old 05-19-2019, 04:18 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
LeicaNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
So I asked my Audi Specialist for the commission number as well as the build sheet. Plus to be added to the email notification.

They responded that they will add me to the email notification list, didn't provide me the commission number, didn't even acknowledge it, and said the build sheet doesn't become available until it hits the port. Is this true, and if not what would be the benefit to the sales guy by not giving me this detail?

Thanks.

JR
I agree the e-mail is useless. The commission number and build sheet are available as soon as the factory accepts the order. The final build sheet/mulroney is not available until the car hits the port.
If the Audi Specialist is cagey, the dealer may not have an allocation yet.
LeicaNut is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 12:49 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 95
Default

So although no commission number, I just got my second note that my custom Q8 is on it's way to Emden. Not sure if I'll get another email when it actually ships as heard you can figure out the ship it's on, however how long does it usually take to get to the states and then how long until someone calls and says the car is at the dealer (Chicago)?

Thanks.

JR

Last edited by jriker1; 06-15-2019 at 01:03 PM.
jriker1 is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 02:08 PM
  #10  
AudiWorld Member
 
LeicaNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 215
Default

Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
So although no commission number, I just got my second note that my custom Q8 is on it's way to Emden. Not sure if I'll get another email when it actually ships as heard you can figure out the ship it's on, however how long does it usually take to get to the states and then how long until someone calls and says the car is at the dealer (Chicago)?

Thanks.

JR
Usually 2 weeks on the water. Depending whether there is a stop in Halifax. East Coast Ports are Davisville, RI, Jacksonville, FL and Houston TX. Don't know which port services Chicago dealers. Ballpark time is about 4 to 6 weeks til delivery.
LeicaNut is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long 'til commission number?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: