AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   Illinois, starting to look (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/illinois-starting-look-2970920/)

jriker1 04-21-2019 06:00 AM

Illinois, starting to look

I am in Illinois and starting to look for a new Audi. Looking at a Prestige and thinking based on the items I want will be around $80k. Basically looking at:

Don't care about
- Navigation
- panoramic sunroof
- Bang & Olufsen® 3D Advanced Sound System
- Cold Weather Package
- Towing Package
- Driver Assistance package (comes with prestige)
- HD Matrix-design LED headlights (comes with prestige)
- Rear side airbags
- Luxury package
- Night vision assistant with pedestrian detection
- DVD Player

Want
- Year One package

Not sure
- Adaptive chassis package
- Convenience Package

Anyone know of any good dealers and potentially sales people that have been providing good discounts off q8's? I see most people who have anything close to what I'm looking for including things like trailer hitches and cables and the like that I don't want so not sure if I can get one exactly what I'm looking for without ordering. I'm OK with ordering, just not sure if that alters your ability to negotiate price vs what's in inventory.

Also has anyone seen things work out using TRUEcar? For example they show a $84,695 MSRP for $80,697. Good price? Does that pricing stick?

Thanks.

JR

Jsf721 04-21-2019 06:25 AM

I did not originally want the active chassis. Drive both one after the other. The air ride is nice but the real gem is the 4 wheel steering. Makes low speed maneauvering like a tight parking lot easier and they say parkway speed lane changes more stable but I never could feel that on my parkway drives.

audi is offering 3k off this month if you have a Bmw, Benz, Lexus or Infiniti.

dealers around here are quoting 2-4 percent off MSRP plus Audi current deals. On lot cars I think you can ask for 7 and settle on 5 or 6 percent off.

I also think the year one makes the car look super sporty.

I passed on on night vision and luxury as I was trying to stay under 85k before discounts. I’d like the night vision if I displayed in the HUD. Otherwise it’s not as useful. Do you know if it does?

the luxury package is super nice but I passed on it to save some $.

Good of luck and I think this is the best 5 seat suv in its class.

Originally Posted by jriker1 (Post 25306029)
I am in Illinois and starting to look for a new Audi. Looking at a Prestige and thinking based on the items I want will be around $80k. Basically looking at:

Don't care about
- Navigation
- panoramic sunroof
- Cold Weather Package
- Towing Package
- Rear side airbags
- Luxury package
- DVD Player

Want
- Year One package

Not sure
- Convenience Package

Anyone know of any good dealers and potentially sales people that have been providing good discounts off q8's? I see most people who have anything close to what I'm looking for including things like trailer hitches and cables and the like that I don't want so not sure if I can get one exactly what I'm looking for without ordering. I'm OK with ordering, just not sure if that alters your ability to negotiate price vs what's in inventory.

Also has anyone seen things work out using TRUEcar? For example they show a $84,695 MSRP for $80,697. Good price? Does that pricing stick?

Thanks.

JR

jriker1 04-21-2019 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jsf721 (Post 25306038)
audi is offering 3k off this month if you have a Bmw, Benz, Lexus or Infiniti.

Thanks for the reply. Got me all panicky for a minute that I should move fast. I don't see Infiniti on the list. Am I missing it? I actually have an Infiniti I'm trading in right now.

Thanks.

JR

jrjunior31 04-21-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by jriker1 (Post 25306029)

Don't care about
- Navigation
- panoramic sunroof
- Cold Weather Package
- Towing Package
- Rear side airbags
- Luxury package
- DVD Player

Want
- Year One package

Not sure
- Convenience Package

Thanks.

JR

TrueCar prices are usually too high. Most people are posting discounts of 6-10%.

Jsf721 04-21-2019 10:00 AM

My wife drives the BMW and I’m getting out of an Infiniti lease in May.

Originally Posted by jriker1 (Post 25306135)
Thanks for the reply. Got me all panicky for a minute that I should move fast. I don't see Infiniti on the list. Am I missing it? I actually have an Infiniti I'm trading in right now.

Thanks.

JR

dmanders 04-21-2019 12:22 PM

I only wish they had included Porsche on that list for the 3K discount! Just traded in my 09 C4S on a Q8 on Friday.

Jsf721 04-21-2019 03:22 PM

I have never seen a porsche listed on a competitive cash deal. Not sure why but I never have.

Enjoy your Q8. I’d love to hear your observations on the Q8.

Originally Posted by dmanders (Post 25306201)
I only wish they had included Porsche on that list for the 3K discount! Just traded in my 09 C4S on a Q8 on Friday.

TheBeav 04-21-2019 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jsf721 (Post 25306270)
I have never seen a porsche listed on a competitive cash deal. Not sure why but I never have.

Enjoy your Q8. I’d love to hear your observations on the Q8.

Porsche is also VAG. doesn't make much sense to cannibalize.

OP - I've had good experiences with the Exchange in Highland Park. I bought a Q5 and Porsche 911 and Cayennes from them in the past. I've since moved to MA, so bought my Q8 from a local dealer here.

Jsf721 04-21-2019 04:06 PM

I’ve never seen a porsche listed on a competitor lease cash for anything.

Originally Posted by TheBeav (Post 25306283)
Porsche is also VAG. doesn't make much sense to cannibalize.

OP - I've had good experiences with the Exchange in Highland Park. I bought a Q5 and Porsche 911 and Cayennes from them in the past. I've since moved to MA, so bought my Q8 from a local dealer here.

jriker1 04-26-2019 09:12 AM

So I've been internet negotiating. Listening to the articles about not stepping foot in the showroom when dealing with price. I just was able to get one place to do 6% off MSRP or as they are calling it, invoice price on any configuration I decide to go with. Ordering is assumed as well. Thinking that's fair no? Even though some say there is probably a couple thousand additional in incentives beyond the invoice?

Also note this location is a bit farther than a couple of the other ones locally. Need to debate if going to a dealer who is closer but I haven't talked to yet, vs going with someone who did right by me almost immediately is the better route for me to take.

Thanks.

JR