Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Invalid Parking Warning??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Invalid Parking Warning??

I believe my Q8 firmware may have been updated on a recent service visit. I now get what appear to be parking related warnings when I am in traffic that I did not get before. Part of the message is "Check Your Surroundings" along with beeps. It is kind of a pain and goes away when I turn off Automatic parking notification in the menu. I would appreciate any recommendations on this. Perhaps there is something I am missing in the system set up. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I experienced the exact same issue and had to turn off automatic parking. The only pain was to turn on parking aid to activate front sensors to ensure I don't hit a curve or something. Started yesterday, The front sensors started beeping like crazy when I was backing up. I verified there was no obstacle in front of me even though I was backing up. I called service and they said there's a bulletin talking about either bad or loose shields around the sensors. I scheduled to take my Q8 in this Friday. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Troy Nguyen
I experienced the exact same issue and had to turn off automatic parking. The only pain was to turn on parking aid to activate front sensors to ensure I don't hit a curve or something. Started yesterday, The front sensors started beeping like crazy when I was backing up. I verified there was no obstacle in front of me even though I was backing up. I called service and they said there's a bulletin talking about either bad or loose shields around the sensors. I scheduled to take my Q8 in this Friday. Will keep you guys posted.
Thanks! Let us know how you service turns out.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

PS - Do you know what the bulletin number is?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting I just got my Q8 back for a rear parking sensor error. They told me one of the cables had came loose. There was also an active recall for an ECU update that they performed at the same time
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by critter6835
Interesting I just got my Q8 back for a rear parking sensor error. They told me one of the cables had came loose. There was also an active recall for an ECU update that they performed at the same time
Do you know what the ECU update addresses or have a copy of the paperwork by any chance?
Old 06-14-2019, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I dropped off my Q8 @8AM this morning. Got a call from the service rep saying they will keep my Q8 until tomorrow. They ran the diagnostic and found a lot of errors on the module. They ran the firmware update to address the issue. I'll provide more information once pick up the Q8 tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update on my Q8 sensor issue. I called the dealership looking for a status of my Q8. They said the firmware update did not work. They are keeping my Q8 longer so they could get feedback from Audi support. Now they're thinking it's possible I have wiring problem... sigh........
Old 06-15-2019, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Troy Nguyen
Update on my Q8 sensor issue. I called the dealership looking for a status of my Q8. They said the firmware update did not work. They are keeping my Q8 longer so they could get feedback from Audi support. Now they're thinking it's possible I have wiring problem... sigh........
Thanks for the update. Let us know how you make out.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update on my situation. Just got off the phone with the Service Coordinator. He said he doesn't know what's going and how long they have to keep my Q8. He said it's a new model year and it might take a long time because parts might have to be shipped from Germany. He said worst case, I can take my Q8 back and just turn off parking assist and Audi sense. The features I paid an arm and a leg for!!!!!! FRUSTRATING!!!!

Quick Reply: Invalid Parking Warning??