Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Invalid Parking Warning??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Nguyen
Update on my situation. Just got off the phone with the Service Coordinator. He said he doesn't know what's going and how long they have to keep my Q8. He said it's a new model year and it might take a long time because parts might have to be shipped from Germany. He said worst case, I can take my Q8 back and just turn off parking assist and Audi sense. The features I paid an arm and a leg for!!!!!! FRUSTRATING!!!!
That's a shame. Do you know what parts were ordered?
Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjabend
That's a shame. Do you know what parts were ordered?
That's the reason my blood boiled while I was on the phone. He doesn't even know. I contacted Audi and open a case to track this issue.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's the reason my blood boiled while I was on the phone. He doesn't even know. I contacted Audi and open a case to track this issue.
You might want to ask for help at service@audi.de
Old 06-17-2019, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rjabend
You might want to ask for help at service@audi.de
Thank you! I'll give Audi of Peoria until tomorrow and see what they say.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you! I'll give Audi of Peoria until tomorrow and see what they say.
Update: I'm picking up my Q8 this afternoon. The service coordinate said "Audi developed a firmware to address my issue" I find it hard to believe anyone can code and test that fast. But whatever!!! I'll find out after I pick up me Q8 this afternoon.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update: I'm picking up my Q8 this afternoon. The service coordinate said "Audi developed a firmware to address my issue" I find it hard to believe anyone can code and test that fast. But whatever!!! I'll find out after I pick up me Q8 this afternoon.
More update: Arrived at the dealership and they want to keep the vehicle longer to troubleshoot. The firmware update did not work. I insist on taking my vehicle anyway because we have a long trip and need the cargo room. The only loaner they have available is the Q5 which is too small. Anyhow, I looked at the paperwork and there is mention of a firmware update. The final remark was "Issue not fix because of not enough time". I dropped off my Q8 on June 14 @8AM and went to the dealership today June 19th @5:30PM. And they said it's not enough time.... According to my phone app and the guy confirmed. My Q8 parked in the lot for 3 days without anyone touching it.

Having issue with a brand new $83K vehicle is bad enough. Adding the BS from the Service guy and their incompetent technician raised my blood pressure. I opened a case with Audi Customer Service. Hopefully, they find a way to address my issue. I might try another Audi dealership but the next one is 42 miles away :-(
Old 07-19-2020, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

More update: Arrived at the dealership and they want to keep the vehicle longer to troubleshoot. The firmware update did not work. I insist on taking my vehicle anyway because we have a long trip and need the cargo room. The only loaner they have available is the Q5 which is too small. Anyhow, I looked at the paperwork and there is mention of a firmware update. The final remark was "Issue not fix because of not enough time". I dropped off my Q8 on June 14 @8AM and went to the dealership today June 19th @5:30PM. And they said it's not enough time.... According to my phone app and the guy confirmed. My Q8 parked in the lot for 3 days without anyone touching it.

Having issue with a brand new $83K vehicle is bad enough. Adding the BS from the Service guy and their incompetent technician raised my blood pressure. I opened a case with Audi Customer Service. Hopefully, they find a way to address my issue. I might try another Audi dealership but the next one is 42 miles away :-(
So what is happening with your Q8 now?
Old 09-01-2020, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My case is being reviewed and I am pushing it to be a lemon. Simple take it in 3 times. Get a lawyer. You sign a contract, so they have to uphold their end, just like they want your monthly payment. Don't let it slide and call it in to open a case. Threat them with Lemon law, if on going issue. Remember, you don't have to pay a lawyer for this. They recover from Audi itself the cost for themselves.

My car had the following changed on 2019 S4, with 18K miles on it.

Entertainment system (3-4 months into the car) - Still restarts
Parking sensors (Took it in couple of times) - Still issues
Pre-sense Braking (Took it in 3 times before they changed it) - I have it turned off now before i end up crashing.
Door handle lights 2 times - 3 Doors so far....
Suspension lights (Took it in for 2 times already) - First said they cant figure out...then they said the calibration is off so it takes him time....then said on paperwork loose wire....(UMMM Audi are you covering something up, since you know i called AUDI USA)
Now my transmission is shifting oddly at times. I would feel like something is stuck under the car.
O yeah interior noise. Which they are still trying to fix.
List goes on.

If anyone is having issues let me know. I will be more then happy to share AUDI USA email and the lady I am working with does not give you the run around. 2 of my friends emailed them. They issued some months credit back, but the good part was that their cars got fixed also the right way! Not in my case ...... I guess i got unlucky with this one.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I was getting the warning to check surroundings whenever I came up behind another car of the road or stopped behind another car. The guy at the dealership told me to turn down the sensitivity of the sensors which I did. It still does the warning but less frequently than before. My BMW does not do this so I think these cars have an issue here.
The following users liked this post:
vhtran (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Falcon900
I was getting the warning to check surroundings whenever I came up behind another car of the road or stopped behind another car. The guy at the dealership told me to turn down the sensitivity of the sensors which I did. It still does the warning but less frequently than before. My BMW does not do this so I think these cars have an issue here.
I have the same problem, among others, although it is not consistent. As a point of comparison, I have driven the Hyundai Palisade with ADAS and it is pretty solid. I am waiting for the Genesis GV80 to hit the dealers.

Last edited by rjabend; 09-02-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Invalid Parking Warning??