Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Lane Guidance/Lane Departure Warning Ping Pong Fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Lane Guidance/Lane Departure Warning Ping Pong Fix

It was like pulling hens teeth, but I finally got the ping pong within the lane and swerving out of the lane fixed. Due to its infrequency, I am not 100% sure of swerve elimination, but it is likely. For those interested, please send me a PM and I will pass on the details on how to solve the problem(s).
Old 06-03-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 780 Likes on 572 Posts

lane_Departure_warning_steering_intervention_early ?
Old 06-03-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by angrypengu
lane_Departure_warning_steering_intervention_early ?
No
Old 06-03-2019, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rjabend
No
Thanks - I just don't know why it's so secretive? I mean, to each their own and I want you to know I completely respect your decision, but IMHO if it's something worth sharing, I'd just share it on here so it can benefit the community - illegal or not, no one is here to judge!
The following users liked this post:
dubbrand (07-28-2021)
Old 06-04-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, any reason that this needs to be secretive? This could be helpful for everyone if it works. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by McGriddle
Yes, any reason that this needs to be secretive? This could be helpful for everyone if it works. Thanks.
Definitely works. I would prefer to make it more public, but have my reasons. I can explain via a telephone call also.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:02 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Thanks - I just don't know why it's so secretive? I mean, to each their own and I want you to know I completely respect your decision, but IMHO if it's something worth sharing, I'd just share it on here so it can benefit the community - illegal or not, no one is here to judge!
Agree with angry. It is weird to say you have a fix on a public forum and then not just post the fix. Why bother posting to begin with then?
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (07-27-2021)
Old 06-05-2019, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update

I have now driven several hundred miles after the "Lane Assist" fix on interstates, state roads, and secondary roads. The lane centering definitely meets or exceeds my expectations and now makes for a more relaxing drive. It isn't perfect and I still feel the need to keep my hands on the wheel at all times as called out in the owner's manual. I was particularly impressed with its ability to see badly faded lane perimeter markings most of the time. It did seem to get a little confused when I drove on a road with dashed perimeter markings each of which was half black & half white. I am pleased with the performance! I'll post again if anything disappoints me.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rjabend
I have now driven several hundred miles after the "Lane Assist" fix on interstates, state roads, and secondary roads. The lane centering definitely meets or exceeds my expectations and now makes for a more relaxing drive. It isn't perfect and I still feel the need to keep my hands on the wheel at all times as called out in the owner's manual. I was particularly impressed with its ability to see badly faded lane perimeter markings most of the time. It did seem to get a little confused when I drove on a road with dashed perimeter markings each of which was half black & half white. I am pleased with the performance! I'll post again if anything disappoints me.
What is the fix? Software related?
Old 06-05-2019, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is the fix? Software related?
I am not 100% familiar with all the elements, but I don't believe software was a major factor.

Quick Reply: Lane Guidance/Lane Departure Warning Ping Pong Fix