Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

New Vibrations

Old 12-16-2018, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New Vibrations

Last night as I parked in the garage, my wife distracted me as I was about to tap the garage door close button on the lower touch panel. My finger had landed on the panel but I had not "pushed" the close door button yet. When I realized this I noticed that it felt like the screen was vibrating so I pulled my hand away and did the same thing. It did seem to be vibrating so I placed all 5 finger tips lightly on the lower touch screen, I could feel the sensation with all 5 fingers. I then tried the same on the upper panel and no vibration at all. This morning I tested again and same results. Anyone else notice this is or is mine an anomaly?
Old 12-16-2018, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Per your description, I am not feeling any vibration at all. I assume you did not have the engine running. You can also assign the garage door opener to the "*" steering wheel button which I find more convenient.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rjabend
Per your description, I am not feeling any vibration at all. I assume you did not have the engine running. You can also assign the garage door opener to the "*" steering wheel button which I find more convenient.
I did have the engine running, the reason I thought it to be odd is that the upper display does not vibrate, nor does the shifter when I am driving. I thought maybe it had something to do with the haptic feedback.
I think your idea about the steering wheel button may be a good idea. I have it set to the steering wheel heat, but it seems like the car keeps the steering wheel heat on the next time you start the car, I don't recall the Q7 remembering that config. That being the case, it is not as important to me to have that button on the steering wheel. Odd thing about the garage door openers is that when you approach your driveway, the buttons pop up on the touch screen and you can select whichever one you want to open when approaching [cool gimmick] but once in the garage you have to select the homelink button to bring the garage door opener "buttons" back in order to close the door
Old 12-16-2018, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I ran the engine and still had no vibration. Thanks for the tip on the garage door opener popping up. I had not noticed that, but I had not yet set a home address. I did so and will see if I see the same thing. What are you referring to as the "Homelink Button"?

Thanks.

PS - I disabled the haptic feedback a while ago.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for checking, I will try disabling the haptic feedback today to see if that makes a difference.
The thing I did when programming the location for the garage door opener is I set the location about a half block down the street so that the buttons pop up before I get to my driveway so I can push the button sooner and the garage door is open by the time i get there. I had to try a couple times before i got it right because the instructions suggest you set it when you are right in front of the garage door opener which i did and didn't like the end result. So I tried a couple more locations, the next time i was too far away and the garage door wasn't getting the signal but i eventually got it right.
I have attached a pic of the homelink shortcut button I was referring to which brings the "buttons" back on the display

Last edited by Lucci; 12-16-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I have my lower display set to show Homelink & shortcuts all the time, so it doesn't change when I approach Home.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you have the ignition on (engine not running)?
Old 12-16-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I tried it both ways. Ignition on. And then ignition on w/engine running.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I have my lower display set to show Homelink & shortcuts all the time, so it doesn't change when I approach Home.
I didn't know one caused the other so i had to try it with the shortcuts set to the homelink buttons, no homelink pop-ups just as you said.
Once i am no longer enamored by the pop up arriving as i approach home, I may well do the same.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried it both ways. Ignition on. And then ignition on w/engine running.
I dont know what's with all the phantom vibrations in the new Q8...wish i could isolate it/them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Vibrations