Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q7 to Q8

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Other discussions talk about reprograming. Seems so easy to turn off each time, just like pressing the garage door opener (once I get use to it being located on the lower panel and not above the rear view mirror)
Old 05-23-2019, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My BMW dealer told me he was not allowed to turn on my Digital Speedometer nor make my remote open and close the windows on my BMW and the car did not even have the physical capability. My friend with an OBD did it all in 5 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if the Q8 Start/Stop could be privately programed.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
My BMW dealer told me he was not allowed to turn on my Digital Speedometer nor make my remote open and close the windows on my BMW and the car did not even have the physical capability. My friend with an OBD did it all in 5 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if the Q8 Start/Stop could be privately programed.
Possible at some point but I have OBDeleven and it can’t be done. Unless perhaps there is a newer update to the app, I haven’t tried it recently.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:26 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by netrom17
As Cadx6, we also went from a 2017 Q7 Prestige to a Q8 Prestige and I second everything he said. Zero complaints about the Q7, loved it, too, but the Q8 is simply a much better drive on all parameters. Lot of skepticism about the MMI touchscreen in the Q8, I was skeptic too, but I don't miss the old MMI at all, the new one is way better. Besides the lack of a third row, also rarely used it and don't miss it, the trunk space in the Q8 is smaller than that in the Q7, which may be something to consider.
Interesting thread....

I have about a year before I will be making a decision between the Q7 & Q8.. We've had the Q7 for two years and love everything about it. But I have been considering a Q8 since I like the "sporty" look it has and we really don't need the third row.. But the cargo space in the Q7 is something that we have come to appreciate and not sure if we want to give that up. Not to mention my favorite part of the Q7 is the SC 3.0.. It's a fantastic engine..

Well at least we have plenty of time to decide..
Old 05-24-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Interesting thread....

I have about a year before I will be making a decision between the Q7 & Q8.. We've had the Q7 for two years and love everything about it. But I have been considering a Q8 since I like the "sporty" look it has and we really don't need the third row.. But the cargo space in the Q7 is something that we have come to appreciate and not sure if we want to give that up. Not to mention my favorite part of the Q7 is the SC 3.0.. It's a fantastic engine..

Well at least we have plenty of time to decide..
Your last comment is the kicker. I went from a 2014 A6 with the 3.0 SC to a 2019 A7 with the turbo. The one thing I miss about the A6 is that Supercharged engine. It was the best engine I've ever had and I'm old enough to have owned 360 V-8's in the 1960's!

I'm getting used to the turbo - I only drive it in sport and dynamic and that helps a lot.

This is all because of Audi's mess with MPG claims and their desperation to get those numbers as low as possible