Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Apple Carplay issues / problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fabricguy

I thought the same but tried 3 q8 and noticed the same across the board. That’s why I’m skeptical it’s all 3 cars. Either a software issue with Apple which means others must have it or something with my settings when I connect the car. Although there really shouldn’t be an option to connect where phone will overheat and Siri will not work!!
iphone 7 software version 12.0.1. No wireless or connected Carplay issues, never had to look at data module setting or anything. Wonder if it’s iphone X for some reason. What software version are you running?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rogueq8
Just called my provider, and my phone is locked. And as I said, no problems using carplay either. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.1.1. I am not a siri user, but I will try it and report back.
Not locked to the carrier, locked as in you haven't entered the PIN/password/Face ID/Fingerprint and you're at the lock screen. There have been security concerns about Siri allowing access to user data, so it's possible to disable Siri on the lock screen. Since you say that you don't use Siri, it doesn't matter for you.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Not locked to the carrier, locked as in you haven't entered the PIN/password/Face ID/Fingerprint and you're at the lock screen. There have been security concerns about Siri allowing access to user data, so it's possible to disable Siri on the lock screen. Since you say that you don't use Siri, it doesn't matter for you.
Ok, I see. I misunderstood the locking thing. As I said, I will try siri, and see if I also get the issue, and will report back.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How do you deactivate data module. My carpaly doesn't work well. Siri works 1 in 20 times fro messages.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Are you referring to the audi MMI 5g network?? I thought carplay was through bluetooth? Confused...
Old 12-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glenn Ollenberger
How do you deactivate data module. My carpaly doesn't work well. Siri works 1 in 20 times fro messages.
i was able to deactivate mine via the audi control panel under phone settings.
Dont recall exact header names as out of town now but if needed I can verify asa I return. Please let me know if you figure it out and if it solves your problem. Are you from Canada as well?
Old 12-19-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

try updating to the latest iOS 12 version.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

I have iphone 7 and version 12.0.1 and am afraid to update my software since Carplay and Hey Siri work flawlessly.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone had any issues when using the radio and suddenly it switching automatically to car play on a wireless connection. Pressing the radio button solves the issue but I wonder why this happens intermittently
Old 12-20-2018, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by riazah
Has anyone had any issues when using the radio and suddenly it switching automatically to car play on a wireless connection. Pressing the radio button solves the issue but I wonder why this happens intermittently
This has happened to me. Usually after just starting the car and once carplay connects it switches over. Typically if I've been using music via Carplay when I exited the car on the prior trip.

Quick Reply: Q8 Apple Carplay issues / problems