AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi Q8 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/)
-   -   Q8 - crimson red seats (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-q8-227/q8-crimson-red-seats-2968833/)

Ziadbwz 03-15-2019 10:03 AM

Q8 - crimson red seats

Does anyone owns a Q8 crimson red seats ?
pictures please ..

markcincinnati 03-15-2019 10:30 AM

Well, I certainly would like Audi to offer red leather seats. They may do so if the vehicle is an SQ8.

Of course, the color may be offered via Audi Exclusive -- but I'm not sure Audi Exclusive is yet available for the Q8. I've not seen that model at our dealer's AE "boutique."

If this (AE) option becomes available, here is what you will likely have to do:

Order a new Q8 -- with a non-refundable deposit (most times deposits are refundable, I have to assume the dealer may or may not have the option for an AE car to assure your willingness to conclude the transaction).
Order the Q8 as an Audi Exclusive "sold order" -- the pay to play amount is, typically $2,500 ON TOP OF THE COST OF THE OPTION ITSELF. Sometimes it's more.

So, someone who wants a Q8 with a red leather interior would plunk down the deposit plus would be hit with the optional charge amount of $3,750 for what would otherwise be $1,250 (which is the S4 price of going from alcantara seats to red leather). If the option itself was a larger number, well that plus at least $2,500 would be the price of entry.

For some reason, Audi generally does NOT offer Red leather in the "base" or the "RS" version. For instance: an A5 can't be had (without the AE program) with red leather. The S5 offers it for $1,250. The RS5 drops red from the standard colors, requiring the customer to enter into the AE program.

Q8's as some will accurately point out carry a price premium already. Think A7 vs A6 -- the A7 is $9,100 for, uh, hmm, hell, there is nothing (as a matter of actual cost) that could justify that. Same with the A4 A5, etc. A Q8 "naked" sitting next to a Q7 "naked," eenie, meenie, miney, moe" who knows.

The Q8 I think is beautiful and is worth it. I don't' have that same opinion about the A7 vs the A6 or the A5 vs the A4. That is why the Q8 costs more, because people like me are smitten with the Q8's pulchritude. We have one that at $80K is about as minimally equipped as I would want one.

What is the market for $80K cars in the US. Don't answer that, it's much more rarified up there.

So, a lot of folks on this forum seem to have acquired Q8's at prices well above $80K -- and good for them. But, I wonder, if they would have been willing to add at least another $4,000 for red leather -- maybe some of them would have. I wouldn't. I'd rather wait for the SQ8 where the red will be offered as part of the colors that aren't considered Audi Exclusive.

Also, and again, I could be wrong, I would think the color is unlikely to be crimson red. Audi often uses the name Magma Red for it's "S" cars who have red leather seats.

If you like red leather seats -- I have them in my 2018 S4 with Daytona Gray Pearl paint and they look (and feel) great, to me -- Audi's color choice (or name) is unlikely to disappoint.

If you've got 100 days and an extra $4,000+ to put into a new Q8 -- go for it, you might be the first.

Besides pictures are unlikely to do the seats justice over what you might see at the dealer's Audi Exclusive boutique.

Ziadbwz 03-15-2019 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25289763)
Well, I certainly would like Audi to offer red leather seats. They may do so if the vehicle is an SQ8.

Of course, the color may be offered via Audi Exclusive -- but I'm not sure Audi Exclusive is yet available for the Q8. I've not seen that model at our dealer's AE "boutique."

If this (AE) option becomes available, here is what you will likely have to do:

Order a new Q8 -- with a non-refundable deposit (most times deposits are refundable, I have to assume the dealer may or may not have the option for an AE car to assure your willingness to conclude the transaction).
Order the Q8 as an Audi Exclusive "sold order" -- the pay to play amount is, typically $2,500 ON TOP OF THE COST OF THE OPTION ITSELF. Sometimes it's more.

So, someone who wants a Q8 with a red leather interior would plunk down the deposit plus would be hit with the optional charge amount of $3,750 for what would otherwise be $1,250 (which is the S4 price of going from alcantara seats to red leather). If the option itself was a larger number, well that plus at least $2,500 would be the price of entry.

For some reason, Audi generally does NOT offer Red leather in the "base" or the "RS" version. For instance: an A5 can't be had (without the AE program) with red leather. The S5 offers it for $1,250. The RS5 drops red from the standard colors, requiring the customer to enter into the AE program.

Q8's as some will accurately point out carry a price premium already. Think A7 vs A6 -- the A7 is $9,100 for, uh, hmm, hell, there is nothing (as a matter of actual cost) that could justify that. Same with the A4 A5, etc. A Q8 "naked" sitting next to a Q7 "naked," eenie, meenie, miney, moe" who knows.

The Q8 I think is beautiful and is worth it. I don't' have that same opinion about the A7 vs the A6 or the A5 vs the A4. That is why the Q8 costs more, because people like me are smitten with the Q8's pulchritude. We have one that at $80K is about as minimally equipped as I would want one.

What is the market for $80K cars in the US. Don't answer that, it's much more rarified up there.

So, a lot of folks on this forum seem to have acquired Q8's at prices well above $80K -- and good for them. But, I wonder, if they would have been willing to add at least another $4,000 for red leather -- maybe some of them would have. I wouldn't. I'd rather wait for the SQ8 where the red will be offered as part of the colors that aren't considered Audi Exclusive.

Also, and again, I could be wrong, I would think the color is unlikely to be crimson red. Audi often uses the name Magma Red for it's "S" cars who have red leather seats.

If you like red leather seats -- I have them in my 2018 S4 with Daytona Gray Pearl paint and they look (and feel) great, to me -- Audi's color choice (or name) is unlikely to disappoint.

If you've got 100 days and an extra $4,000+ to put into a new Q8 -- go for it, you might be the first.

Besides pictures are unlikely to do the seats justice over what you might see at the dealer's Audi Exclusive boutique.

Wow .. thanks for the reply ..
But I have made my order for the exclusive crimson red leather via my local dealer but I could not find any pictures of it ..
It will come by the 19th of this month

Can't wait!!

markcincinnati 03-15-2019 04:49 PM

Well how much do you have to pay to play?

Ziadbwz 03-15-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25289916)
Well how much do you have to pay to play?

Well ; it's 5k deposit and total price was 110k

GK12345EMAIL 03-17-2019 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ziadbwz (Post 25289773)
Wow .. thanks for the reply ..
But I have made my order for the exclusive crimson red leather via my local dealer but I could not find any pictures of it ..
It will come by the 19th of this month

Can't wait!!

pls send pictures once you get delivery

it would be interesting to see how it looks

did you choose any special wood/metal trim or exterior color ?

Ziadbwz 03-17-2019 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL (Post 25290382)

pls send pictures once you get delivery

it would be interesting to see how it looks

did you choose any special wood/metal trim or exterior color ?

No , what happened is I went to the dealer to purchase one and they offered me this vehicle that already ordered by the dealer and I gladly accepted it 😁

markcincinnati 03-17-2019 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ziadbwz (Post 25289950)
Well ; it's 5k deposit and total price was 110k

What I was asking was HOW MUCH did the red leather option cost, not the total cost of the Q8.

Somewhere on an order that was placed is a line item (or two) that tells you what the red leather "option" entailed.

I assume it would be about $4,000. But, I guess there are special leathers that the Audi Exclusive program could have included that would drive that cost higher.

If the MSRP is $110,000, then, how did it get to that figure (thinking specifically of the red leather, even though I realize there may be other items on the option list that were chosen?)

Ziadbwz 03-17-2019 07:42 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...03ce432157.jpg

Originally Posted by markcincinnati (Post 25290582)
What I was asking was HOW MUCH did the red leather option cost, not the total cost of the Q8.

Somewhere on an order that was placed is a line item (or two) that tells you what the red leather "option" entailed.

I assume it would be about $4,000. But, I guess there are special leathers that the Audi Exclusive program could have included that would drive that cost higher.

If the MSRP is $110,000, then, how did it get to that figure (thinking specifically of the red leather, even though I realize there may be other items on the option list that were chosen?)

As I said ... I was going to to purchase and they offered me this option for this price .. and the sent me this quotation (attached)

Alphatero 03-18-2019 05:39 AM

Ziadbwz, Mark didn't ask you the most important question - what country are you located in?