Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Factory Order

Old 01-31-2019, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Q8 Factory Order

Hi gang, new ember here and first post. So if everything goes well I'll be looking to put in my order for a factory order Q8 this Saturday, all that remains is I'm trying to find who will give me the lowest possible offer. But the question I had to the group, and I guess this isn't just specific to the Q8 but for those that factory ordered there's, how long was the wait time? I've been told 90 - 120 days, so I just wanted to get an idea in terms of average wait time until receiving delivery.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Old 01-31-2019, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I too placed a factory order but after 6 weeks the order never got a factory mfg date. Found also exactly what I wanted by my dealer finding a car several states away.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh wow, that's quite disheartening. Yeah the dealerships have also found the car we're looking for but they are all just too a high a price for us to negotiate down. So that's why we are going the factory build route. Hopefully we don't encounter that same situation.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Does not really affect the price.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Oh wow, that's quite disheartening. Yeah the dealerships have also found the car we're looking for but they are all just too a high a price for us to negotiate down. So that's why we are going the factory build route. Hopefully we don't encounter that same situation.
What build spec and msrp are you looking for?
Old 01-31-2019, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomk
Does not really affect the price.
Not sure I follow, what do you mean?
Old 01-31-2019, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

What build spec and msrp are you looking for?
Just looking at a Q8 Prestige in Samurai Gray. Not sure what you mean by MSRP that I'm looking for as if I were to build it on the Audi site it comes out to 78 and change.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Just looking at a Q8 Prestige in Samurai Gray. Not sure what you mean by MSRP that I'm looking for as if I were to build it on the Audi site it comes out to 78 and change.
78K Prestige was non-existent when I was looking in November. Even a low 80s Prestige was very hard to find in dealer inventory. Maybe the dealers are speccing them a little differently now, but it sounds like you probably do have to special order to get a Prestige in that price range.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31

78K Prestige was non-existent when I was looking in November. Even a low 80s Prestige was very hard to find in dealer inventory. Maybe the dealers are speccing them a little differently now, but it sounds like you probably do have to special order to get a Prestige in that price range.
Even now they are still non existent, that's why we are going the factory order route. Everything that is at dealerships now has a bunch of added on option packages that I can do without.

Btw, I can really use some knowledge transfer here as this is my first time doing a factory order from Audi. But when I spoke to Audi Brooklyn the other day the salesman told me that if it's a factory order, I would have to pick 2 accessories and that it comes with the standard price. I personally think that was a crock of ish, but again this is my first time doing a factory order from Audi and not sure if that is really a thing with them. Thanks for any knowledge you can throw my way.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just factory ordered a Q8 Prestige, build date is March with delivery in May. Lead time depends on what allocations the dealer has from Audi. And I could order any or no options that I wanted. I think if your dealer has limited allocations from Audi, he may be forcing options on you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q8 Factory Order